March 2011 Moms
Options

Belly Buddies

I saw this in the What to Expect community and thought it was a neat idea.  Would you guys be interested in starting it up over here?

I was thinking we might want to wait another week or so in case we get some new girls.

Let me know what you think!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Buddies

• Options

It's common over here too. They are called labor buddies. Belly buddies is also cute though.

I definitely think waiting just a little bit longer would be nice for the new girls. I think we are only on March 12th due dates right now. Smile

• Options

What is a belly buddy? I'm new to the Bump altogether, so I have no clue! :)

This weekend/early next week we should see some more mid-March due dates. Mine will be 3/17 if I get my BFP! *hoping*

Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks Becca, I hadn't seen anything on here and I am not too big with the what to expect site.  Glad they do it over here too!

WOW!  Only on March 12... I hadn't tried to figure it out.  Lets talk about it in a few weeks then!

• Options

Belly Buddies is cute! I would wait a little while too because i'm sure there will be more women even with our early due dates coming in. We'll have to do some chart of sorts to group us together by date.

Has anyone thought of doing a blog and listing our dates and updates? I've seen other month boards doing that! That might be a good way to keep up with everyone and their dates/appts/pics.

Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Jay- I assume a belly buddy is like a labor buddy where you keep up with each other progress, support each other, and then when the time comes let the others on the board know when you are in labor.

Pink- if everyone would like I could set up a blog. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I would be happy to if others don't mind me doing it. 

• Options

I do not mind anyone else setting up just thought it would be fun to do.

There was some debate on the What to Expect site as whether people should be paired by having close due dates or far (in the same month).  The theory being that if you both go in to labor the same day who would announce for you.

It doesn't matter to me either way.  I do like the idea of trying to pair first time mommies with more experienced moms, if possible.

We have time to figure it all out though.  A blog sounds great but I am not sure how that works or where to go for it.  So just fill me in when you start it.

THANKS!!

• Options
    imageBeccaboo0713:

Jay- I assume a belly buddy is like a labor buddy where you keep up with each other progress, support each other, and then when the time comes let the others on the board know when you are in labor.

Pink- if everyone would like I could set up a blog. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I would be happy to if others don't mind me doing it. 

That would be awesome! This may be a good way to keep up with everyone whether they have a belly buddy or not! I may not because i want to keep up with everyone! Smile

That is very sweet of you to offer to do the blog. We can have one day where we post pics in the week to make it easier to add to or something. We can have more than one person as an author too to share the duties.

I am PinkLove-S and i am due March 6, 2011

Let me know if there is any other information you may want to post or if you need help with any of it Becca!

Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    This sounds like so much fun! Now I really, REALLY, want to get my BFP this weekend so I can join in with you ladies!
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Options
    Both ideas sound pretty great to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sounds good- count me in!  I'm a March 3 or 4 due date- do you think we should wait until we have due dates based on ultrasounds? Those are more accurate....or maybe it doesn't matter that much. I'm new to "belly buddies" as well.....but I do love to blog, so I'm all for that part of it!

• Options
    Im due march 10th, anyone else?
    Married 11/08/08 TTC since 2009 MC 3/22/10 at 9w4d MC 7/20/10 at 6w5d Homeowners since 2/24/11 BFP Father's Day 6/19/11 Pregnancy Ticker Psalm 139:13,15-16 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb... You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
  • Options
    Awe! I am so excited to get to know everyone.  I hope you don't mind me being apart of March even though my EDD is Feb 28 (its the last day of Feb).... I just don't see that being the month I have this baby.
  • Options
    imagenateandheather:

Sounds good- count me in!  I'm a March 3 or 4 due date- do you think we should wait until we have due dates based on ultrasounds? Those are more accurate....or maybe it doesn't matter that much. I'm new to "belly buddies" as well.....but I do love to blog, so I'm all for that part of it!

I can always change it. Let's just go by what you know right now! 

• Options
    Sounds good to me, I'm March 1.  :)
  • Options
    March 6 also! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"