December 2010 Moms
Options

I just found out I have placenta previa

Anybody had this or know anybody that has had it? They say it's normal but I can't help but be concerned. My biggest woe right now is that I am not supposed to lift DD. Only when I absolutely have to (we are home alone a lot).

Re: I just found out I have placenta previa

• Options
    My SIL had it with both of her kids. Everything was fine. She did get induced with both, but both were healthy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She was induced but delivered vaginally?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it with DS #1 early on and it moved by ~28 weeks (or around then).  Apparently it isn't uncommon for the placenta to move as your pregnancy progresses.  They should do an U/S at some point later in your pregnancy to determine if this is the case for you because you cannot safely have a vaginal delivery with placenta previa.
  • Options
    I will have another u/s scheduled at 24 weeks. I really hope I resolve just like you did. Thank you for that. This way if it's not resolved at the 24 week appt I will know that it doesn't mean it's over.
  • Options
    My sister had this with her first and it did correct itself on its own.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My Bff had a partial placenta previa early in her 2nd tri... now she's about 25 weeks and it has resolved itself. 

I know it isn't "normal", but it seems like one of those things that's not uncommon. Just make sure you listen to what precautions your Dr tells you and take it easy as much as you can (I know, I'm sure it's tough with a toddler at home).

Good luck & best wishes that everything will go well :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My SIL had it with her last pregnancy, found it around 18 wks when she had some bleeding. Scary! They sent her to a MFM who did ultrasounds every few weeks. It eventually resolved and she was able to deliver a healthy baby boy vaginally. She had a ton of good u/s pics too! They had really seriously talked with her about a c/s like they didn't think it would move. As her belly grew the placenta moved up. It sounds like there's a good chance that will happen to you. Hopefully you won't have any bleeding or be put on bed rest. Take it easy and GL!
  • Options
    imageJulietL129:

My Bff had a partial placenta previa early in her 2nd tri... now she's about 25 weeks and it has resolved itself. 

I know it isn't "normal", but it seems like one of those things that's not uncommon. Just make sure you listen to what precautions your Dr tells you and take it easy as much as you can (I know, I'm sure it's tough with a toddler at home).

Good luck & best wishes that everything will go well :) 

You're right. I said normal in my OP and I meant to say that the doc told me it's pretty common. Definitely not normal though.

• Options
    My cousin has it right now.  I don't know any of the details, but I do know that she's not overly worried about it, just something to keep an eye on.
  • Options
    I have it and had spotting so am on pelvic rest. My OB said it is too early to be concerned though and it will most likely correct itself. Hopefully we will find at our 18 week ultrasound that it has.
  • Options
    shw123shw123 member

Hi,

I'm new to the board but I saw your post and wanted to respond.  My mom had placenta previa with all three of her kids.  She was put on bed rest and had spotting with all of us, but was able to deliver 3 healthy kids vaginally.  She's been telling me a lot more about it now that I'm pregnant cause I'm nervous that I will have it as well.  Just make sure that you aren't overexerting yourself.  Get plenty of rest and try not to lift heavy items.  Best of luck!

• Options
    My cousin had it but it resolved itself. Don't stress out too much about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageakastephyrey:
    I have it and had spotting so am on pelvic rest. My OB said it is too early to be concerned though and it will most likely correct itself. Hopefully we will find at our 18 week ultrasound that it has.

What specifically does pelvic rest constrain? Cause we've obviously been told no sex. But is that all pelvic rest is?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"