Houston Babies
Options

Travel with 6 month old

We are going to NJ (beach) next week to see my ILs.  It will be our first trip with DD.  We will by flying and staying at IL's house.  What are the must haves that I need to pack for baby?  Also any tips you have for travelling.  So far DD has been a very easy, mellow baby, I hope she is that way on the plane too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Travel with 6 month old

• Options
    We flew to Boston in April when DS was 5 1/2 months. I would say the most important thing is to feed her during take off so she can clear her ears. A pacifier works too if you can't time the feeding (DS is BF on demand and ate too close to take off coming home but seemed fine with the pacifier- which is funny because he rarely takes them). Other than that maybe a few toys (a lovie if she has one, a teether or something to chew on, a little book or two). I also brought a pack of pacifier wipes to clean anything in a pinch for him. Walking the aisles helped settle him down for a nap both flights. Also, pack a light blanket in your carry on for her since it can get cold on the plane. GL and have a safe trip!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I haven't flown with DS, but I would suggest only taking what you need on the flight and buying things like wipes, food, diapers, etc once you get there.  Since you'll be gone almost a week you could probably get a weeks worth of stuff there and not have to bring too much back. 

Have fun.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RaeAntRaeAnt member
    Couldn't your ILs already have some supplies there for you?My mom makes sure we have diapers, wipes, & food already at her house. she also has a stroller, swing, jumper,formula ,bottles,bowls,spoons & PNP for DS. We just bring his clothes and stuff for on the plane.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"