Houston Babies
Options

Getting nervous...

OK my nerves are starting to get to me. I am ready.  I am ready for this baby to be here and to meet him and all that. But the induction (if we have to go that route) is starting to make me nervous.  I really wanted to go on my own, but there are some other issues involved that I know it is best to be induced on Tuesday if I dont this weekend. Just dont know how to put these nerves aside and enjoy the moment...

Re: Getting nervous...

• Options

It's normal to be nervous!  Especially when you have that date 'looming.'  With #2 and #3, I had to walk into the OR on my own... Talk about screwing with your head! lol 

I would be more concerned if you WEREN'T nervous... This is a life altering event!  You'll be fine and your doctors will take great care of you.  I don't know the other issues involved, but if your doctor is recommending induction because of them, trust them.  They are looking out for you and your baby! *hugs*

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    3 years ago almost to the date I was in the same place, with induction date looming. Dr G. will take great care of you! I went into labor naturally less than 48 hours before the induction. Dr. G was wonderful during my entire labor and then the eventual emergency c-section. I think him being so calm and open with me about his concerns helped me not be as nervous. Everything will go fine I'm sure and you'll have your little boy in your arms soon. Good luck, and enjoy those first few days with your baby. I know it's cliche, but they grow up so fast. I can't believe mine's already old enough to be sitting here having a conversation with me as I type this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in your same shoes.  I will only be 37wks on Saturday but I am being induced next Tuesday also (medical reasons as well).  Good luck with everything!
  • Options

Just induction, labor and delivery is scary all together...but hopefully it'll go smoothly.

I was induced a month early with both girls and both inductions went smoothly.  Not all OBs allow it, but both of my OBs allowed me to get the epi whenever I wanted to get it.  Cervadil overnight didn't do anything to me for both inductions.  And the next morning, when they gave me pitocin, I didn't progress much at all.  The cramping starts to get "annoying" and uncomfortable but never really hurt.  But I asked for the epi about maybe after 4 hours of starting the pitocin with #1 and only 2 hours with #2 (learned the first time that there was no point of waiting it out).  The epi actually helped me relax and I finally dilated enough afterwards with both for them to break my water.  And then 4-5 hours after my water broke, I was ready to go and delivered quickly. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

I was scheduled for an induction on a Monday at 7 am and went in to labor that morning at 3. So, you never know ;)

But it is nerve wracking. I was freaked out about the induction because felt like I was prepared for what was supposed to happen when I went in to labor- call the doctor, head to the hospital, walk in and tell them i was in labor. With my induction looming, I felt like I didn't know where to go when I showed up. Did I go to L&D because I wasn't in labor? I am the kind of person that breaks down when I am confused and just the stress of possibly being confused had me in tears. DH had to talk me off the ledge a couple of times.

What would have made it easier for me was talking to my doctor and having her walk through every step of the induction- where do I go in the L&D wing, what do I tell them, will they be expecting me? Some of those seem obvious, which is why I think she never laid it out for me, but I needed to hear it from her. Maybe that would help you? 

So, I know how you feel right now. It will be ok. Your doctor knows what he is doing and the actual process of induction isn't bad (I was induced even though I was in labor b/c my labor didn't progress). In the end, you'll have a beautiful little baby and all this worry will be a very distant memory! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"