Pregnant after 35
Options

XP: help registering for baby meet 'n greet

Posted this on the Parenting after 35 board too but would like to get some opinions from you ladies as well....

My sister in law is throwing a shower for me for her side of the family & my friends. Between shower gifts and the bags and boxes of hand-me-downs from our other friends, I'm fairly well stocked on the baby essentials (clothes, stroller, bottles, pump, infant seats, etc.). My family has offered to throw me a shower about 7 weeks after the baby is born. I would have to drive a little ways to them, so they thought this would be a good time to meet the baby. There are going to be quite a few people attending and they've asked where I've registered. My dilemma is that there isn't much left on my registry list. Any suggestions for items that would be helpful to add for when baby is 6-12+ months old? (BTW--Already have the high chair and carriers too...).

Thanks!

Re: XP: help registering for baby meet 'n greet

• Options

These are just in random order but items I needed for DS in that time:

BPA free sippy cups (insulated and non-insulated)

Exersaucer and Jumperoo - both were terrific for him

Developmental toys - stacking cups, Playskool Busy Balls https://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Busy-Balls-Terrific-Textures/dp/B000BY5Z6O (any variety), Fisher Price Alphabet Blocks https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-G8683-Alphabet-Blocks/dp/B00064MUJE , Playskool Busy Ball Popper (DS is in love with his even now)

Picture books/interactive books - Baby Einstein makes great picture books with animals

• Options
    Diapers, wipes and kids' books -- you can never have enough!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options

DS is not quite 3 months old yet, but here's some ideas for you:

- make sure you have lots of bibs...DS doesn't spit up much, but he drools and we go through a lot of them and it's nice not having to wash too often

- small packs of different kinds and sizes of diapers...we tried out different brands and ended up liking Target's Up&Up and Pampers Swaddlers the best, but every baby is different, so others might work for yours.

- lots of wipes! We love Target's Up&Up brand, sensitive skin

- DS got an irritated butt recently and we only had butt paste for him (zinc oxide).  I had to go out and get AD&D ointment (petrolatum and lanolin), which ended up working much better.  Make sure you have some of both!

- Toys: DS loves mirrors right now.  I got him the Munchkin Sea Myself Crib Mirror from Amazon and he goes crazy for it.  I also got him some soft blocks (Baby Einstein) that he can play with and also chew on safely.  We also got him a Fisher Price Seahorse, which everyone on these boards raves about, but he's meh about it.

- We have a mirror in the car so that we can see DS.  We love it because we can tell when he's sleeping or when he's just looking around or if it looks like he's about to blow (needs food or comforting).

- Books: lots of board books or soft books work for them when they are younger.  Here are some of our favorite titles: Big Red Barn, Cowboy Bunnies, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I Am A Bunny, Barnyard Dance, So Big, Guess How Much I Love You, Chugga Chugga Choo Choo, Bear Snores On.

- Eating: lots of sippy and straw cups, try a few different brands.  Maybe some soft spoons.  Plastic bibs with the little pocket at the bottom to catch food.

Hope this helps!

• Options

For a big gift you could register for a convertible car seat.  Those are expensive and you may need it within the first year.  Also you could register for a bathtub and toiletries (baby wash, baby shampoo) and "medicines".  Infant motrin and/or tylenol, mylicon, saline drops for nose.  Those can add up.  I second the jumperoo, a bouncy seat, activity mat, stacking blocks, etc.

• Options
    Thanks everyone! This helps a bunch!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"