Houston Babies
Options

would you buy designer diapers?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pampers-offers-designerbrand-apf-3182230249.html?x=0

i keep seeing commercials for the denim look diapers from huggies. i thought they were kind of tacky looking and it was only reinforced when i heard this lady in her juicy sweatpants gushing over them to her husband who actually said "then you don't have to wear pants".

i think the cynthia rowley ones are cute, but would never pay extra for them. the only appeal to me is you can skip bloomers for a little girl.

am i missing something? why would someone want them?

-Clare
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: would you buy designer diapers?

• Options

Would I buy something designer for it to get peed and crapped on? Yes, right after I start wiping my ass with $20 bills....

• Options
    Disposables? No. Cloth? Yes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not if they cost more.  If they cost the same as the ones w/ Mickey Mouse on them, sure why not?
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    imagecali_girl92504:

Would I buy something designer for it to get peed and crapped on? Yes, right after I start wiping my ass with $20 bills....

Ha!  Ditto this!

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    No, I'm not a fan of the denim ones (therefore won't be buying them) and I wouldn't spend more than I have to on diapers.  If I really wanted cute I'd buck the system and buy cloth diapers...way cuter, but DH isn't on board so I'd be changing every.single.diaper.
  • Options
    No I wouldn't. I don't think those denim diapers are cute at all. I don't get it either. 
  • Options

I can coordinate my cloth diapers all I want. 

I can't stand the jeans diapers, and no I would not pay extra for designer diapers. I wish all diapers were just plain white. (I imagine there are some, but when we need disposables Huggies work for us.) 

• Options

imagethumpofmyheart:
    No I wouldn't. I don't think those denim diapers are cute at all. I don't get it either. 

ITA

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

imageSuzi-G-:
    Not if they cost more.  If they cost the same as the ones w/ Mickey Mouse on them, sure why not?

This

• Options

imageEmmaRae:
    Disposables? No. Cloth? Yes.

This!

imageimage

• Options

imageSuzi-G-:

This. They're cute but I'm not paying more for them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

No.  I'm going to get one package of the denim ones because I have a coupon for a free package of Huggies.  I figured why not?  I'll snap a few photos of Coop in them at home but no way in hell will I parade him around pantsless in public.  I don't care what kind of design is on the diaper.

Honestly, I think this is Pampers way of grasping at straws after all of the hoopla earlier this year with the new Dry Max chemical burn issue.  It seems like they've had all sorts of promos trying to attract buyers.  For instance - the funky rubbermaid tub offer they did last month at BRU.  It's just a marketing gimmick.

• Options
    imagemelrrr:

I can coordinate my cloth diapers all I want. 

I can't stand the jeans diapers, and no I would not pay extra for designer diapers. I wish all diapers were just plain white. (I imagine there are some, but when we need disposables Huggies work for us.) 

This is why I like the Seventh Generation- they're just beige. However, I do use the Huggies Pure & Natural because they're super soft. they cost as much as the new "designer" pampers BUT they cost more for a good reason (ecofriendly) rather than a superficial one. All the "natural" diapers cost more than standard anyway.

image thumpofmyheart:

Ditto 

• Options
    imagemelrrr:

I wish all diapers were just plain white. (I imagine there are some, but when we need disposables Huggies work for us.) 

Ditto.  The only one's I've found so far were the newborn size of Target brand but after newborn, they have the dots.  I hate how you can see the pattern through any white/light outfit.  

Why does my 11 week old need Mickey/Pooh/Blues Clues on his diapers? He doesn't care and its sure not gonna make me go buy more Mickey/Pooh/Blues Clues things. 

I guess those companies pay for it, maybe keeping our prices a little lower?  Thats what I tell myself.

(Those jean diapers do make for some cute pictures but not worth the money for everyday use) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"