January 2011 Moms
Options

s/o cleaning...clicky poll!

Let's try a clicky poll![Poll]

Re: s/o cleaning...clicky poll!

• Options
    OMG. This is my first clicky poll that actually works!
  • Options
    We have 3 cats and dog...the pet hair is crazy at our house. So just keeping up with the daily sweeping is enough for me! When our LO arrives, we're definitely hiring a housekeeper!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I chose No.  Less because of the money, but more because I don't trust strangers.  I really couldn't have them in my house when I'm not home.  Freaks me out.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options

imageizzourclue:
    I chose No.  Less because of the money, but more because I don't trust strangers.  I really couldn't have them in my house when I'm not home.  Freaks me out.

DH REALLY dislikes the idea of having strangers in our home looking at our stuff. A lot of services will do it when you are home though. I am hoping to find a local recommendation for an individual not a service crew. My mom has used both over the years and prefers an individual who does it for a little extra cash than a crew- they have to do so many houses in a number of hours and sometimes the job isn't as good. I think for us, I would have to be here when they are here.

• Options
    kroseqkroseq member
    I said no. DH would hate to have some stranger in the house cleaning our stuff. He's a police officer and he's pretty skeptical of everyone! I'm hoping to quit my job once baby is here and I'll continue to do the house cleaning myself... DH is really great about pitching in around the house, so that helps.
  • Options
    imagenurseJK:

imageizzourclue:

DH REALLY dislikes the idea of having strangers in our home looking at our stuff. A lot of services will do it when you are home though. I am hoping to find a local recommendation for an individual not a service crew. My mom has used both over the years and prefers an individual who does it for a little extra cash than a crew- they have to do so many houses in a number of hours and sometimes the job isn't as good. I think for us, I would have to be here when they are here.

Its all about personal comfort.  I totally admit to being paranoid.  I'm more concerned about identity theft than getting my stuff taken.  I would just suggest to anyone planning to bring anyone into their home, keep your personal information put away.  Don't leave bills or other mail out for them to see.  Its amazing how little information someone needs to steal your identity.  Also strangers using my toilet totally skeeves me. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    I thought this is what my OCD mother was for Big Smile My plan is to talk her into cleaning the house completely before I bring home to baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have someone come in every now and then and it's pure heaven.
  • Options

I started having someone come in about my 8th month of pregnancy w/DD.  I was working full-time and doing all the cleaning.  I got too darn big to get down and scrub the shower pan, bathtub, and floors.  DH wasn't too cooperative and would only sweep/vacuum.  Not the greatest on the hormonal girl.

It's actually been great for our marriage to have someone come in, even if it's just once a month.  I'd rather enjoy a clean house than pay a marriage counselor.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageLeggyNic:

I started having someone come in about my 8th month of pregnancy w/DD.  I was working full-time and doing all the cleaning.  I got too darn big to get down and scrub the shower pan, bathtub, and floors.  DH wasn't too cooperative and would only sweep/vacuum.  Not the greatest on the hormonal girl.

It's actually been great for our marriage to have someone come in, even if it's just once a month.  I'd rather enjoy a clean house than pay a marriage counselor.

BWAHAHAHAA! Well said!

• Options
    Also, make sure you password protect your computers if the person will be in your house when you are not home.  

• Options
    We tried one woman out.  She was reasonably priced but not very thorough.  I'd still like to keep looking.  Once a month for a serious scrub sounds very good.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    we have 3 dogs, 2 cats, and I can barely keep up.  I may have to find some room in our budget for someone to deep clean once or twice a month.
  • Options
    I already have someone who comes and will definitely continue when I am working AND have a baby too!  It is the best $ that I spend.  I don't trust anyone to be in my house alone though, so she comes when I am home.  I am a teacher and get home early enough that I am her last house of the day. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I told DH I want a cleanind lady for a few weeks as a Christmas present this year.  I will be too big to clean bathrooms, and if he doesn't want to do it, then we need to hire someone.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    imageizzourclue:

Its all about personal comfort.  I totally admit to being paranoid.  I'm more concerned about identity theft than getting my stuff taken.  I would just suggest to anyone planning to bring anyone into their home, keep your personal information put away.  Don't leave bills or other mail out for them to see.  Its amazing how little information someone needs to steal your identity.  Also strangers using my toilet totally skeeves me. 

But they'll clean it afterwards!

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    I have a housekeeper who comes once a month.  We asked around to our family that lives nearby and use the same lady they use.  She was pretty inexpensive considering she is here all day and does all the hardcore cleaning/scrubbing/mopping that I should do more regularly.  She's really nice and we like her a lot!  I think it all depends if you feel comfortable with the person and if they come by good recommendations from friends/family.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH hires someone he works with occasionally to treat me.  Usually on my birthday, anniversaries, Christmas, while we were on our honeymoon, etc.  I loooooovvvve it.  She is much more thorough than we are.  The place just smells so good when I get home and she's been there.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"