Northern California Babies
Options

anyone have a mirena iud?

i'm getting mine next week and just wanted to see how bad your cramping was since i have heard horror stories about it! also - did you have a lot of bleeding?

lastly - are you glad you got it?! thanks ladies - hope you all are well!

Re: anyone have a mirena iud?

• Options

I got mine 2 weeks ago and the cramps werent too bad. Not worse than my regular period cramps. The bleeding is still going though and is like a light day period.

I also had an IUD between Grey and Winnie and loved it! 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

This is my 3rd (before pg and between) and I love it!  The cramping wasn't bad and only lasted a day.  I bled (light) for  a few days, stopped for a few weeks and then bled again.  Haven't had a period or any bleeding since.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOVE mine!  Slight cramping and bleeding like Kelly posted.  I actually now haven't had a period in over 6 months!  I was actually looking at having the essure procedure done (no more kiddies for us), but decided to just keep my mirena since the effectiveness is the same and I get the benefit of no period.
  • Options
    The first time was 8 years postpartum and I had cramping for a few weeks...bad ones that would stop me in my tracks.  This time I was just under 5 weeks postpartum and had NO issues.  No cramping, no bleeding.  Even held Q during insertion (which my doc wasn't a fan of)
  • Options

I'm in the minority here but I would never get it done again.  When it was put in it hurt so badly.  I then had awful, painful cramping (more like contractions) for 3 days afterward.  They were painful enough for me to stop what I was doing and breathe through them. 

I went to have it removed about a month ago only to find out it had perforated my uterus (probably when it was inserted, hence the horrible pain) and I just had surgery on Monday under general anesthesia to remove it.  Recovery has been slow and painful from surgery with the worst part being I can't hold my little guy for at least a week.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also think I'm in the minority. The insertion wasn't bad, but the cramping and bleeding never stopped. After almost 6 straight months of non-stop cramping/bleeding, I had it removed. I would never get it again, but I think that my experience is not the norm at all.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"