January 2011 Moms

Baby books?

Has anyone started reading books that I describe as "Its here, now what do we do with it?" books? If so, what books are you reading?

As soon as I entered into the 2nd tri I started really wanting to get a good idea about what our plan is going to be and what we need. Knowing that the end of my pregnancy is going to be a very busy holiday time made me really want to get started so I'd feel well prepared and not stressed during the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years time.

I'm currently reading "Baby Bargains" to give me ideas on gear, and "On Becoming BabyWise" which I've really enjoyed.

imageimageimage
                                 **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby books?

• ekmebmekmebm member
    Someone suggested The Happiest Baby on the Block to me. Haven't read it yet myself though.
    Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A friend bought me the book "Your Baby & Child" by Penelope Leach.  I haven't really dove into it yet, but she swears by it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageekmebm:
    Someone suggested The Happiest Baby on the Block to me. Haven't read it yet myself though.
    This.  I have started reading What To Expect The First Year but haven't gotten very far.
  • imageDaniGirl0517:
    imageember:
    This.  I have started reading What To Expect The First Year but haven't gotten very far.

I liked What To Expect The First Year too. It was my go to book for all of D'S symptoms when he was a baby i.e poop color, sings of an ear infection, gas relievers etc. We never left home with out it and even brought it to the hospital on delivery day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemaltwin1:

As soon as I entered into the 2nd tri I started really wanting to get a good idea about what our plan is going to be and what we need. Knowing that the end of my pregnancy is going to be a very busy holiday time made me really want to get started so I'd feel well prepared and not stressed during the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years time.

Haha, I'm a way-in-advance preparer too! DH and I weren't really trying to get PG when we got our BFP and I literally had a crying fit that first week because I hadn't prepared for this by reading any books or doing any homework. Now I'm switching between pregnancy books and parenting books like a fiend, lol. Currently reading The Happiest Baby on the Block too, though I haven't gotten too far.

• imagepmanolides:
    imagemaltwin1:

...I'd feel well prepared and not stressed during the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years time.

Haha, I'm a way-in-advance preparer too!

Me too!  I read the entire WTEWYExpecting while TTC so I'm rereading it slowly now (I'm at 9w so I read the 9w section) as well as Your Pregnancy Week by Week.  My DH thinks I'm crazy but I like to read anyway.
  • imageDaniGirl0517:
    imagepmanolides:
    imagemaltwin1:

...I'd feel well prepared and not stressed during the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years time.

Haha, I'm a way-in-advance preparer too!

Me too!  I read the entire WTEWYExpecting while TTC so I'm rereading it slowly now (I'm at 9w so I read the 9w section) as well as Your Pregnancy Week by Week.  My DH thinks I'm crazy but I like to read anyway.

I'm reading WTEWYE in chunks too (a month at a time) because there's SO much information!  I'm glad someone else shares my OCD :-)

• I'm reading The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. I'm not too far in, but I really like it so far! Very informative & honest, with a little humor.

I read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy because I heard it was just a funny quick read. It was just that, kinda funny & I finished it in about 2 hours. Thankfully I bought it used because I would've been bummed if I paid full price for it.

*Amazon has super cheap used baby books!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"