Multiples
Options

4 weeks - still sleeping all.day.long

Sometimes I can't even get them up for feedings - they are SOOOOO passed out during the day!!  We get a spurt of energy around 7:00 at night, and then they fight going to sleep for the night and end up fussing all night long, I'm up at least once an hour soothing, feeding ,or changing one of them in rotation with DH. How do I switch this around? Is this amount of sleep still normal at 4 weeks? 

They were born at 38 w 1 d. Both over 7 pounds.  

Re: 4 weeks - still sleeping all.day.long

• Options
    At 4w it's still pretty normal for them to sleep all day.  DS1 slept all day for the first 4w, twins slept all day for the first 6w.  Luckily the twins always slept well at night, DS1 was up and ready to party at night.  It took him a few weeks to get his days and nights on track.  During the day, keep the blinds open, the TV on and just go on with normal day activities.  At night, keep everything as dark as possible (just enough light to see what you're doing) keep everything quiet.  I don't know what the trick is, but eventually they figure it out on their own.  Try to get some rest during the day while they're sleeping, this sleeping all day phase doesn't last long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"