March 2011 Moms

Can anyone relate??

Today I went to my OB (first appt - but a bit early) because I experienced some spotting (still am) but it's nothing like a period flow and is only thin, watery and a pinkish-red color.  My OB said that it's likely a result of having intercourse last night.  She did a internal u/s as well and it took a while, but she found my little "poppy seed!"  I guess my biggest question is, if I am experiencing plenty of pregnancy symptoms (sore boobs, nausea, bloating, fatigue, etc.), then should I really spend any time worrying about if I might miscarry?  I also experienced implantation bleeding (truly thought it was my AF but 4 days later I didn't feel right and got a BFP!) This is the first time I've ever been pregnant and I am still in shock that it actually happened!  My husband and I were TTC for 3 months and I'd say we got pretty lucky :-)  They took blood today for hCG (don't know the results yet and have to go back Friday for a repeat). Anyone experience anything similar?  Have any suggestions? 

BabyFetus Ticker
image Visit The Nest!
TTC Since April 2010 BFP #1 - 6/27/10 ... M/C - 7/12/10 BFP #2 - 1/22/11 ... Praying for a sticky one!!!

Re: Can anyone relate??

• As long as you are not having RED bleeding, bleeding with clots, or pain, you should not overly worry about miscarrying.  We all do, of course, but it doesn't sound like you should be particularly worried.  BTW, sex will NOT cause you to miscarry, unless you are doing some crazy things. ;)

When your next HCG results are in, you'll be able to compare the two.  (They are called betas.) The number should pretty much double (give or take) every two to three days.  If the number is going up, and your progesterone looks good (your Dr. will let you know) then you should just relax and drink lots of water. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry - I know how scary it is to see blood.  I had a CP two cycles ago and it started with just brown blood which everyone told me was not uncommon in early pregnancy.  I lost the pregnancy soon after that.  I'm still terrified each day I'm going to see blood with this pregnancy.  I don't think you'll ever stop worrying. 

But I truly hope this doesn't happen to you and your spotting is nothing to worry about.  I will keep my fingers crossed your beta goes up!

• Loading the player...
  • When I m/c in March by ob/gyn told me that many women can bleed throughout their pregnancy and go on to have a healthy baby but other women miscarry with much less blood. In March by the time I saw blood and went to the doctor my beta level was 9!! I did not have cramping until later that day after the blood test was done. So I guess my point is that you should relax until you have some firm answers after your beta results are in. I know it is hard- like PP I still worry everyday about every twinge I feel and expect to see blood every time I go to that bathroom. Try your best to enjoy the fact that right now you are pregnant! T & P to you.

• Thanks for the advice.  I really hope it stops today.  I had almost nothing overnight, but then it increased a tiny bit around mid morning.  It's still nothing to even cover half a panty liner over the course of an entire day (no cramps or clots either).  

Does the doctor's office usually call and let you know the results of the blood test?  Is it usually the day after the first test or do they just wait until both blood tests have been completed?

BabyFetus Ticker
    image Visit The Nest!
    TTC Since April 2010 BFP #1 - 6/27/10 ... M/C - 7/12/10 BFP #2 - 1/22/11 ... Praying for a sticky one!!!
  • My doctors office called the next morning with the results to let me know I had lost it.  I was charting still so when I so the huge temp drop I knew what the results would be. 
  • I actually had a temperature spike this morning..97.8 to 98.3.  I am really hoping and praying that this is all in my head and that I am like the majority of women with some slight bleeding who continue on to have a normal pregnancy.  My pregnancy symptoms are still here and getting worse - just yesterday I started actually having food aversions and pretty decent bouts of nausea.  I don't know if genetics has anything to do with it, but my mother experienced the exact same thing when she was pregnant with me.  I'm really just trying to convince myself to stay positive ;-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"