Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

sterilizing bottles

Does anyone else still sterilize their bottles? Just wondering if im the only one still doing this.

Re: sterilizing bottles

• Options
    I use playtex with drop-ins but i stopped sterilizing nipples when DS was like 5 months old. I just use soap and water now

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    The dishwasher is as far as sterilizing goes in our house.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageleahraewku:
    The dishwasher is as far as sterilizing goes in our house.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imagelisswastaken:
    I use playtex with drop-ins but i stopped sterilizing nipples when DS was like 5 months old. I just use soap and water now

We use playtex drop ins as well, but have continued boiling them after washing them. We use Alimentum and it STINKS. I think boiling helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    We still sterilize all his bottles, after every use, in the microwave sterilizer.  The only time we don't is when we are out of town. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    If I buy something new then I sterilize/boil it before use.  I actually asked our ped about this when LO was born and she said warm soapy water was fine as once something comes out of the boiling water/sterilizer it is no longer sterile.  Further, she  pointed out that if you BF your boobs aren't sterile and baby sucks on them all the time! 
  • Options

DH helps was bottles sometimes so we always use the microwave sterilizer, it makes me feel better about DH helping. Otherwise I'd worry he wasn't cleaning them good enough.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We use Gerber bottles and sterilize them once a day with the dr Browns steamer in the microwave.  

I have all the fancy bottles, dr brown, aldri, avent, etc.  the cheapy Gerbers worked best for us.

I worry about DH too though, I wash them out in BabyGanics and rinse them.. I suspect DH just rinses and put em in the microwave.   

• Options
    The only time we sterilize is for the first use. Now I will try to put them in the dishwasher at least once a week. We just use hot soapy water for daily washing.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"