Options

wdyt of the name willa josephine?

my other girls are elisabeth (ellie) and clara
[Poll]

Re: wdyt of the name willa josephine?

• Options

Love Josephine...

Willa is NMS at all.  

TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012
  • Options

Eh...

I am having a hard time with this one!  Willa is one of those names that I feel like I should hate but I don't... I actually kinda like it.  I would never use it, but on someone else's kid I find it kind of cute.

I love Josephine (the nn Josie is adorable).

Overall I give it a 7.  I LOVE your other daughter's names.  Very classy.  Willa seems a little out there compared to Elizabeth and Clara.  Have you considered using Josephine as a first name??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NSLNSL member
    I voted yay for Josephine, but Willa is NMS.  Maybe Josephine Willa.
  • Options
    I actually really like it! Good choice!
  • Options
    I was thinking about the name Willa today. I like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love it, but I'd never have the guts (nor would DH ever go for it). Do it!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    i love willa [well, i love german names in general] but i'm thinking it might get more popular over the next few years. it's one of those underused old names that sounds new and cute so i think a lot of people are starting to like it more.
  • Options
    I actually REALLY like it!  My great grandmother's name was Willa and my dad's mom's name was Josephine....I have been wondering on and off if I would have the guts to name my daughter (should I have one) Willa.  I really do like it a lot!
  • Options

I really like Willa, and I love Josephine (especially as a middle name). The combo is awesome too! :)

• Options
    Super cute!  Goes well with your other DD's names.
  • Options
    Sorry, neither Willa nor Josephine is my style.  
  • Options

A friend of mine had a baby last November and named her Willa Adrianna which I thought was pretty.

The name Willa took awhile to grow on me but I'm starting to like it more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I realyl don't like Willa. It just says "old lady" to me.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Love it! Both Willa and Josephine are lovely "old lady" names!
  • Options
    imageb2b999:

Love Josephine...

Willa is NMS at all.  

Agreed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

I love Josephine, but I really don't like Willa.  That said, if our baby is a girl we will be naming her Willow (at least that's what we think now lol).  Willow is still super rare (like number 450 on the charts) but to me sounds a little more grown up than Willa.  Just a thought, and good luck deciding!

• Options
    OMG, those are my grandmother's names. I love Josephine and even considered Willa and Willow as first names. But together they just seemed like too much.
  • Options
    Very "turn of the century".  Reminds me of a little girl on a farm!  I hope that doesn't sway your decision, but I find it totally cute!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Willa is nms.   I prefer Josephine Willa
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    My husband's (unused) first name is William so I like Willa.  I also like Willow.   I think it goes well with Josephine.  Classy but not common.  Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"