1st Trimester

So I Purchased a Doppler Heart Monitor..

I went on ebay and looked around and ended up buying a fetal heart doppler and was wondering if anyone else has bought one??

It wasn't too much money but this one is able to record the sound so I can send c.d.'s out to family members. I'm hoping it works as well as I want it to and that the baby's in a good position to hear it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So I Purchased a Doppler Heart Monitor..

• I bought one and I LOVE it!!!!  Make sure your bladder is full when you use it and use it after you eat!  You get the best results after you eat!  I Heard the baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks!  Have a great time using it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually just ordered a fetal doppler from Amazon tonight.  It's the Sonoline B 3MHz Baby Fetal Heart Prenatal Doppler w/display.  I also ordered some ultrasound gel to go with it.  I'm hoping I can hear the baby's heartbeat before my first appt.

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I really want to buy one...
  • I got the Sonoline B and heard the heartbeat at 8w2d. By now I get it loud and clear the second the probe hits my tummy.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I definitely want to buy one but I think buying one might make me paranoid if, for some reason, I can't find or hear the babies heartbeat. Besides every appt after the 1st I will hear babies heart anyways.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrittKav:
    I got the Sonoline B and heard the heartbeat at 8w2d. By now I get it loud and clear the second the probe hits my tummy.

I doubt you heard it at 8w2d.  

It's nearly impossible.  NO doctor will even attempt it that early.  The last girl that posted that she heard hers that early left a sound link to play her "baby's" HB for us and it was her own.  Count the beats... check your pulse when you do it.  At 8 weeks, you're hearing your own.  I can assure you.

• I planning on getting one after my Doc finds the heartbeat on the ultrasound. I don't want to not find it on my own and then worry myself sick that there's something wrong.
  • I'm 9 weeks and have a Sonotrax and I haven't been able to find it. I keep finding my own heartbeat!
  • imagerunnergirl79:

I actually just ordered a fetal doppler from Amazon tonight.  It's the Sonoline B 3MHz Baby Fetal Heart Prenatal Doppler w/display.  I also ordered some ultrasound gel to go with it.  I'm hoping I can hear the baby's heartbeat before my first appt.

I have this one and I really like it.  I'm able to hear my baby's heartbeat now (11+ weeks).  Please be aware that at 5ish weeks, you definitely won't be able to hear it.  Don't let that freak you out.  A lot of doctors won't even try to find it until 12 weeks.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Actually.....I heard my babies at 6 weeks, 1 day through vaginal ultrasound.  I was even able to see through red sonar lighting the baby's heartbeat and then mine.
  • There are websites where you can rent them as well.  I am thinking about it, but not until I am about 12 weeks.  I lost a baby at 17 weeks and feel like it might set my mind at ease in between dr appts.  I just saw hb for the 1st time yesterday through internal.
  • imageroconnor20:
    Actually.....I heard my babies at 6 weeks, 1 day through vaginal ultrasound.  I was even able to see through red sonar lighting the baby's heartbeat and then mine.

There is a big difference between hearing it through vaginal u/s and doppler.  And technically, you're not "hearing" your baby's hb through the vaginal u/s.  It simulates what it would sound like based on beats per minute.  You can only actually hear it through doppler, which like PP said, you won't typically hear until 10ish weeks.

• imageroconnor20:
    Actually.....I heard my babies at 6 weeks, 1 day through vaginal ultrasound.  I was even able to see through red sonar lighting the baby's heartbeat and then mine.

IF you were able to hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks, than you have a robo-baby!!

You cannot... cannot... cannot hear them that early.  Under ANY circumstances.  You can see them.  BIG DIFFERENCE. 

• A heartbeat can usually be picked up around the 10th week with a doppler.  However, dont be scared if you cant find it. I am a nurse and have searched for many fetal heart tones on 1st trimester preg women, it is a skill!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  

Not accurate......it IS possible, just difficult.  Here is a hint, the mothers heartbeat, when you are around either femoral artery or the aorta, is slower and sounds like a wooshing noise from 60 to 100 beats a min.  The babys heartbeat will sound more like a clicking and will be in the 140 - 170 range. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesssshhimhiding:

Not accurate......it IS possible, just difficult.  Here is a hint, the mothers heartbeat, when you are around either femoral artery or the aorta, is slower and sounds like a wooshing noise from 60 to 100 beats a min.  The babys heartbeat will sound more like a clicking and will be in the 140 - 170 range. 

How do you count(the nurses and docs always figure it out so fast), I am no nurse, and have no medical history At All!! lol

So I am clueless... 

• I still have the Hi bebe one I used with DD. I got it off of Amazon and it was the best investment I had ever made. I can't wait to start using it again!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesssshhimhiding:

I'm sorry.  I'm a nurse also and if you are telling me that it IS possible to hear a fetal heart tone at 6 weeks, I would have high concerns about your qualifications. 

You can also hear the mother's pulse when you are in the pelvic area because of the uterine blood supply.  It is usually quite loud.  I'm only able to hear my baby very quietly behind my pulse.  As it gets bigger and stronger, I will be able to hear it better.

But I stand by my statement.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to hear a fetal heart tone on a Doppler at 6 weeks. It CAN be picked up at 10 weeks, but it's very hard, and most likely will be found around 12 weeks. 

And what nurse checks mom's pulse at her aorta or femoral artery???

Oh well... off to work I go.

• imageagibson175:
    How do you count(the nurses and docs always figure it out so fast), I am no nurse, and have no medical history At All!! lol

So I am clueless... 

Count 15 seconds.   Multiply x4.  It's too hard to count that fast pulse for a full minute. My Doppler has a display though. Many of theirs do too.

• imagecdobry01:
    imagerunnergirl79:

I actually just ordered a fetal doppler from Amazon tonight.  It's the Sonoline B 3MHz Baby Fetal Heart Prenatal Doppler w/display.  I also ordered some ultrasound gel to go with it.  I'm hoping I can hear the baby's heartbeat before my first appt.

I have this one and I really like it.  I'm able to hear my baby's heartbeat now (11+ weeks).  Please be aware that at 5ish weeks, you definitely won't be able to hear it.  Don't let that freak you out.  A lot of doctors won't even try to find it until 12 weeks.

Oh, no! lol, I definitely don't think I'll be able to hear the heartbeat at 5 weeks.  I just ordered it to have on hand for the future.  I won't even attempt it until 8-10 weeks, which might still be too early. : )

FWIW, to the poster who said 8w2d is too early to hear the heartbeat...while it might be pretty early, the doppler I ordered claims you can hear it as early as 8 weeks, so it's not entirely impossible.  I don't know if I'll be able to hear it that early, and won't freak out if I can't, but they say it is possible.

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They also say one day humans will live on the moon.  But don't count on it...

They say that to sell a product.  That tactic results in pregnant women ending up in a panic.  They shouldn't even sell them until you're 10-11 weeks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"