Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

any bedtime tips?

my lo is almost 5 months now, and sleeping through the night pretty well.   But getting her to sleep could go more smoothly!  At present I give her a bath at 7 pm, then dress her and let her nurse in the rocking chair in her room until she seems about 90% asleep.  She'll either wake up the second I put her down or five minutes later and cry.  Then I spend the next hour going back and forth between rocking her and putting back in the crib only to have her start crying again.  Usually by 9 she goes into a really deep sleep in my arms and I can put her down and she stays out for the night.  Any advice?  She is consistently getting sleepy by this bedtime, and we;ve had this routine for a few weeks. Her trouble going to sleep doesn't seem any better on days she naps less, but maybe that's still where the problem is.  If I put her down before she is very sleepy she'll play for ten mintues or so and then cry, not just drift off. 

It's really not that bad, but I have to finish school in the fall and want to get this smoothed out before then. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: any bedtime tips?

• Options
    Get her a seahorse. I put DS down awake with his seahorse on and he's out in 5 mins. He used to fuss or cry when I put him in his crib, so I'd have to rock him. But now he's so used to his routine, he's been great with going to sleep on his own! ::knock on wood:: Now that I said that, he'll be a terror tomorrow night! lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sure this sounds backwards and most people might disagree, but its something that works for us.  Our nighttimes go like this.  Bottle around 6-6:30, change diaper, playtime usually on mat w/o any lights (on the mat) or sound and w/house lights low, change into sleep sack at 7:30, read a couple books quietly, put down to sleep before 8, and he's usually out cold by about 8.  We do another feeding at 9:30, but that's b/c he either wakes up on his own then or if not, he'll get up and want to eat around 11 and we both go to bed at 10.  We do baths before the 6ish feeding b/c they seem to wake him up more then they put him to sleep.  And we do the playtime b/c we think it just gets his last bit of energy out.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"