Upstate NY Babies
Options

Ew, a tick!

I just found a tick on my calf. Attached & everything. I would have had no idea it was there if my hand hadn't brushed against my leg while I was taking off my pants. No clue!!!
I know this sounds naive, but I didn't even realize we had ticks around my house (suburbs, very close to the city). I just kind of thought they were mainly a country/rural thing.
Now I am freaking out. No idea how long it was attached.
And what is really worrying me is that Charlie has been acting kind of off the past few days- tired, cranky, strange appetite. I never noticed a tick on him but I'm going to be watching him like a hawk now. He has a red circular rash on his cheek that appeared out of nowhere today after his nap, I'm going to inspect it first thing in the morning (but I would like to think I would have noticed a tick attached to his face).
Sorry if these seems overly worrisome. I've just never had to even think about this before.
And now I feel like there are bugs crawling all over me, ewww
Photobucket
Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12

Re: Ew, a tick!

• Options

Yuck, I would have the creepy crawly's too! I don't have much experience with them, we have only seen one on the dog a few years ago! I would keep an eye on C though, just in case.

I think the larger they are, the longed they have been on...but I am really not sure. Did you get the head out?

Either you or your dh should do a good check of the dogs, do you use Frontline or another flea/tick med?

• Options
    I had one on me a could years ago after camping.  It was the grossest thing ever.  Ithought I was going to throw up. dh had to get it off of me b/c I was freaking out so badly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    It freaked me out when I found one on Ian's shoulder back in April. We're pretty sure he got it at daycare. It's right near the highway and has nothing but other buildings around it, but there was just enough brush to have ticks living in them. From what I found out from the pedi nurse, it takes about 36 for the tick to be attached to transfer Lyme disease, and about 3 weeks for symptoms to start showing up. If C's spot doesn't look like a typical bite, I'd call the pedi to have it checked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"