Parenting after a Loss

What are your FB pet peeves??

Come on, I know you have them.  Here are some of mine:

1. The cryptic status updates.  Like "well this should be interesting..." or "debating on a life altering decision" 

2. TMI updates. I have a friend who is queen of this.  Once she announced that AF had arrived and her cramps were really bad.  Seriously??  And she has every single person we went to hs with as a friend, I'm certain Joe from biology 15 years ago does.not.care.

3.  People who end their status updates with "FML".  I cannot stand that expression and it's so overused.  Friend mentioned in #2 uses this a lot.  And nothing that precedes FML ever warrants FML.  For example, "flat tire... FML"  Is that really necessary?  It sucks, but life could be a lot worse!

haha, what are yours? 

(PS: The TMI friend is such a trainwreck, it's actually pretty entertaining to read her updates and that's why I've kept her as a friend.)

Re: What are your FB pet peeves??

• I absolutely HATE "vaguebooking".  Like you said, it's when somebody purposely puts something vague in order to get people to ask what's going on or to make them ask if the person is ok.

I do NOT want to join your pet store, I think your Mafia is dumb, and NO I will not, nor will I ever, tend to your crops when you are out of town!!

I also hate when people tag me in pictures and I am only in the background.  Really?! LOL

• I have one "friend" who is so negative about her kids. Drives me crazy! Brat, pest, pain in the a$$...
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely the cryptic status -- it's like the person is just asking for people to respond, what??  It so bothers me.

The other thing is people who are "debbie downers".  I actually removed certain friends because I got so sick of every status was a complaint about something.

Also, those people who update with every single thing they are doing.  I do not need to know you are showering, then you are driving to work, what you are doing at work, etc...

Our little angel went to heaven at 6w3d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh - and FB is not the place for political commentary. Chances are one or many of your friends will disagree and likely be offended by your comments.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • imagelkstor:
    I have one "friend" who is so negative about her kids. Drives me crazy! Brat, pest, pain in the a$$...

Ugh!  That would drive me batty!!!

• imagelkstor:
    I have one "friend" who is so negative about her kids. Drives me crazy! Brat, pest, pain in the a$$...

I have a friend like this too...  wonder if it's the same friend? ;)

• ditto, ditto, ditto to all pps.

I have had to defriend people over their political posts . . . too bad I can't delete some family members because of this.

Oh, and regarding the TMI'ers.  . . a FB friend from HS actually polled her FB friends whether she should take back her H and go to counseling or get a divorce.  Umm . . . crazy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Back when I was on FB, the number one most annoying thing was when a girl I have known since we were babies started posting photos from 25 years ago - I was in many of them - and tagging me.  It felt like an invasion of privacy.  She probably still does it, but there is no account to link me to anymore.
  • Everything everyone already said!

I also hate people who are passive aggressive in their status updates.   My SIL is like this all the time, usually in reference to me and it really irritates me.  I've actually hidden her updates so I don't have to see them in my feed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"