Parenting
Options

Would you let your kids do scratch-off lottery tickets?

Sometimes DH and I will buy them at the grocery store for fun. DS asked me this morning when we were at the store if I would buy him one when we walked by the machine. Part of me says meh no big deal, the other part of me says maybe gambling is bad for a 4 year old LOL. It's a slippery slope you know, scratch-offs today, scotch on the rocks in the sippy tomorrow Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you let your kids do scratch-off lottery tickets?

• Options
    We let DD do it all the time. She even gets them in her stocking at Christmas.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

I like you with long hair!  Yeah, not about your post, but wanted to tell you that.

You look cute with it short, but I prefer long.

I'm also projecting onto you because my hair was super long and I kept cutting it and cutting it and now I want it to grow.  Like, now. 

Me with my littlest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Le sigh. I know. It was so healthy and shiny too and I cut it, and I am kicking myself for it. I'm growing it out but it doesn't look as healthy anymore, plus I am getting these crazy baby hairs sprouting around my hairline that are not.cute.

eta: oh and I posted to you in that thread too

• Options

f*ck yeah.  I'm Catholic.  We come out of the womb ready for Bingo, scratch off tickets and pull tabs.

Some of my fave memories are my grandma giving me $20 to go buy pull tabs at the school/church festival. 

• Options

Same same.

I had bangs cut in because of the baby hairs along my front hairline.  Fun stuff.

Me with my littlest.
  • Options

Winery- I kept cutting and cutting mine until it was super short. I decided to grow it and it's getting pretty long. Last night I asked DH who's bright idea it was to grow this hair out. It is hot! I am now thinking of cutting it short again. The only thing stopping me is the awful growing it out stage if I decide to grow it out again.

And eclaires, your post cracked me up. It reminded me of my dad's side of the family. Gambling fools! Whenever there are a bunch of them in town, they all head to Bingo.

• Options

EK, I hear that.  I'm already all over youtube for easy, messy updo's that aren't ponytails for the summer.

But I'm determined to stick it out.  Don't cut it!!

Me with my littlest.
  • Options

But it's so fricking thick! I have been going to my stylist for 12 years. She says I have the hair of 3 people. I cannot even put it in cute braded pigtales like Mccheese there. I'm think it will get cut before the summer is over.

• Options
    DS1 loves them!! Like the PP, he gets them in his stocking, too.
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Options
    scotch on the rocks was so yesterday :)

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"