Working Moms

Don't you hate those days when you know you kind of look like crap?

My outfit is a teeny bit sloppy and not uber-flattering, I look tired, I didn't spend enough time on my hair this am......you get the picture.

I SO want to be one of those hair slicked back in a pony/a little lipgloss and mascara/looks fabulous all the time women.

Re: Don't you hate those days when you know you kind of look like crap?

• imageSpenjamins:

My outfit is a teeny bit sloppy and not uber-flattering, I look tired, I didn't spend enough time on my hair this am......you get the picture.

I think I've looked like this every day since going back to work.

• 2-Step2-Step member
    I totally know what you mean. Isn't it funny how something can be "good enough" in the morning when you are rushed and tired and then you end up thinking - what was I thinking? later in the day. I'm having one of those days today too!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had many of those days.  Some days it was a major achievement to get clothes on - forget trying to be cute!  

The further I get from baby-hood though the more it bothers me.  I do try to put in more effort now.  But I too wish I was a five minutes to get ready kind of woman.  Not gonna happen. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Lots of humidity and relaxed dress code mean I have decided I'm not even drying my hair again until at least September.
  • imageSpenjamins:

I SO want to be one of those hair slicked back in a pony/a little lipgloss and mascara/looks fabulous all the time women.

I've tried the slicked back ponytail once and it was not pretty!  I wish I could pull it off.

And I felt really sloppy this morning.  My pants were a little big and they were sort of wrinkled.  Baggy, wrinkled khaki pants don't look good.

Wife to Drew since 08.18.2007 Mom to Andrew since 10.18.2008 Runner, baker, reader, eater
  • I hate it when I'm wearing a shitty outfit.  That's the worst feeling.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • I feel that way every flippin day

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I realize how disheveled I am when I get to work, it makes me wish I were wearing sweats and laying on the couch. I mean, if I'm going to look like crap, let's do it right. I wonder how early those look-fabulous-all-the-time-women get up in the mornings...
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I don't even iron my clothes anymore, even if they need it. Thank goodness I sit in a cubicle all day and don't have to interact with many people.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel you. I hate those days. When I first went back to work none of my clothes fit right and I looked like crap all the time. I finally got some new things and I feel much better.
  • sgrlsgrl member

Ugh, I feel ya. Today I am wearing khakis and a polo shirt that my friends gave me as a gift to go with the plaid maternity shorts they bought me while I was pregnant (shirt is not maternity, but it's really not cute). Not that I'm a fashionista but this is not an outfit I feel cute in and I never would have worn it pre-pregnancy. It looks like a uniform a waitress would wear in a casual dining restaurant. I used to wear nice clothes that looked feminine.

The dark circles under my eyes and unkempt hair complete the look!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Confession:  I didn't blow dry my hair this morning.  I was hoping for that natural, wavy look.  Yeah, it just looks like I didn't blow dry my hair.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"