Parenting

Anyone ever taken Flexeril?

My back gave out on me today and took me to the floor for awhile today. I went to the doctor to be checked b/c DH is working 2nd shift today which means it was just me with 2 kids from 3p-midnight. I didn't want it to happen again and be alone. Anyways she gave me a RX for Flexeril. What side effects did you have dizzy, sleepy? I'm kindof worried to take one and it make me a "zombie". Both kids are asleep but the newborn you just never know when she'll wake to eat. DH will be home in less then 3 hours and can take over if needed. WDYT will it make me unable to function?

Re: Anyone ever taken Flexeril?

• ZenyaZenya member
    Made me a little drowsy but not much.  Didn't help much, either TBH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a script for it.  I have never tried it.  I tend to react strongly to meds, I am afraid to take anything that makes me too drowsy when I am home alone.  By the time DH gets home, I am usually about ready for bed, so if I really need something, I take a lortab and that is enough.  (I preferred the lortab when I was BF to, which I just quit 2 months ago, since Flexeril is less tested per poison control.)

I have a herniated disc and lose feeling in my hands and have severe neck pain by the end of most days.  That is why I just sit here on the computer after the kids go to bed.  I literally can no longer move.

Hope you feel better!

• Loading the player...
  • I take it- have been on and off for years. I get a Rx for 30 at a time and that'll last me almost a year! 

It usually knocks me out real good for the night and the next day I'm pretty worthless too- just want to lay and nap all day long.

I would prefer just being on vicodin or percocet but those just cover the pain and the Flexeril relaxes the muscles. FWIW I havent' taken vic or perc while pg but sometimes have to have it (when not pg) because the pain and spasms get that bad. I broke my tailbone and sprained my back, back in '99 and all my issues stem from that.

• I took one for a back spasm a few years ago. I remember taking the pill and sitting down on the couch to do some studying for an exam.  I woke up exactly 5 hours later, my notebook still open to the first page.  On the bright side, the spasm was gone and it was a *very* good nap. I wouldn't take it until there was another adult there who could care for the kids if you have a similar reaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"