Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Does anyone NOT think about how many months etc?

Unless someone was due around my EDD and I see or talk to them, I really don't think about how far along I SHOULD be, or when my Drs appointment should've been or I would have have an x month old by now.  I was sad around my EDDs, but I guess my pregnancies never felt that real since I had spotting with each loss, so I kind of stopped thinking about what could of been after it was over.  Kind of sad...

***SAIFW***
TTC since 2008
One blocked Tube
Ectopic pregnancy November 2008
M/C at 6 weeks in January 2010
M/C at 8 weeks (blighted ovum) May 2010

3 IUIs with Gonal-f, Sept, Oct, November 2010 = BFN
IVF#1 1/2011 - 32 eggs retrieved, 26 fertilized, 2 trans. = BFN
Time to regroup and heal and FET at some point

Re: Does anyone NOT think about how many months etc?

• I'm with you. I have sat down to do the math a few times about where we would be with each loss...but I do have to do the math.

I don't really hold onto dates like that. It would do nothing but cause me more pain.

• me too, the only time I really think about it is when other people are close to my EDD.

• Loading the player...
  • My EDD came up fast. I started thinking about how old she'd be now if she was born around that time... but then again i have no clue when she would have been born! So lately i haven't been thinking about that. I guess that's good.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• I try real hard not to think about how far along I should be right now or anything like that. It's torture.  I don't think I could have come to terms with this all if I was sitting there looking at a calander everyday to see how far along I was..
  • I never really think about it, which makes me very happy.  I have to think about it too, but even the milestones don't make upset me terribly.  Like today, she would be 3 months old....I'm sure her first birthday will be different....but today, doesn't really bother me.  It's just life as a whole, knowing I should have her and don't is what sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I try not to think about it and honestly I don't know off the top of my head. IMO, "letting go" is part of the healing process, for me at least, and while I will never forget our son, I want to move forward with positivity and not be overwhelmed with the "could have/would have beens".

I am very philisophical about life, and any real event or decision in life can drastically change it's direction. I get very freaked out and upset by thinking about those things so for me it is better not to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • BlakeGBlakeG member
    My cowokers wife is due within days of my EDD so unfortunately I get reminded where I would be all the time by him.  When they had the big ultrasound, I was reminded I should be having mine.  Just yesterday he was saying how he can't believes it 6 months already and how much the baby is kicking and all I think of was that should be me.  So unfortunately I can't help but know exactly where I should be and what I should be experiencing.  Outside of work thought I rarely think about it.
    Natural BFP - 2/13/10, Natural M/C - 3/9/10 (Missed m/c found at 8wks 4days) Prenatal B/W shows I'm a Beta Thal carrier & so is DH. Onto IVF w/PGD... Jan 2011 - IVF #1 - C/P Mar 2011 - IVF #2 - Day 5 PGD, no ET, 5 snow babies May 2011 - FET #1 - BFP!! Twins!!! 2/9/12 - Our precious miracles arrived! Baby A 7lbs 13oz & Baby B 5lbs 13oz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"