Parenting after a Loss

s/o my cleaning service post

To those ladies who replied earlier, thanks.  I should have asked, do you use a company (like Merry Maids) or did you find a self-employed person or small biz?  If the latter, how did you find them?
DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: s/o my cleaning service post

• we use a self-employed lady who we found through a friend's recommendation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This was a topic of discussion in my household today, and though I'm sure that you can't find the deal everywhere I found a self employed person that does it on the side to have a break from the family business and she is charging me 15.00 each time she comes and she will be coming every 2 weeks. I thought it was too good to be true but she had several references and I got to see her work and I'm impressed.

I ended up finding ours by word of mouth...

FWIW we have about 2800sq ft that she will be cleaning, so I think its a steal but she is firm on what she will take for payment.

• Loading the player...
  • I've asked around and haven't found anything yet.  Merry maids seems much pricier then I'd expected.  I found a post on Craig's List that I just emailed but that worries me a bit.  I guess you get references and can find good deals that way.  I worry about not having a company behind it in case something happened.
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our lady has her own company... So she is licensed and insured. But it is just her and one other employee. I'm sure a small "company" like that would be cheaper?
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The companies are pretty pricey. We use a self employed ladt that cleans house in our ILs neighborhood. We also talked to the lady who cleans our next door neighbors house but she was more expensive
  • We use a lady who is self-employed. I found her from a friend of mine who uses her. I think they tend to be cheaper than Merry Maids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"