Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

1st post over here, quick question about d&c

I'm scheduled to have one tomorrow morning but am starting to have small amount of cm tinged with blood last time I went to the bathroom (I'm scared to go in there and check again).  Anyone know if they will typically still do the d&c if I've started actually bleeding on my own already?  And after your d&c how heavy and long did your bleeding last?  How long until your regular af came back?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 1st post over here, quick question about d&c

• First, let me say that I am so sorry for your loss! 

I was spotting for a few weeks prior to loss.  It increased and got darker red the day before we went in and saw no heartbeat.  So I don't know if it is typical to go ahead if you're already spotting or not, but this is what happened in my case as well. You can always give the doc a call first thing in the AM to double check.  I bled very heavily for the first day and a half after surgery and then it would come in spurts for about another week and a half I think... now I'm playing the waiting game for AF but have read on this board that many women see AF by 6-8 weeks and usually less time than that. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow! My personal recommendation is to be knocked out to the point you won't remember/feel anything. This is what I had and was very thankful later.  Good luck!

Tried for 2 years before diagnosed with DOR and low Progesterone. MC at 16 weeks in June 2010 (Told Placenta Previa contributed to the loss)
    Mommy to one darling & amazing little girl :) Born September 9th 2011 (C-Section at 38 weeks for Placenta Previa)

Surprise!! EDD 12/13/13 (Hoping for a VBAC!) Off home bed rest  and now just monitoring a large SCH. Stable in size but not going away. SHRINK PLEASE!

• thanks for the reply.  I think what I was seeing yesterday was just a result of the transvaginal u/s and whatever else doc did down there, not actually m/c starting.  Off to the appt now.  This is SO weird that baby is pretty much measuring just fine (9 wks 3 days and yesterday I was 9wks 6 days based on lmp but I o later in cycle) so hb stopped within days ago or even earlier in the day yesterday....
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  We are here for you when you get back.

My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Even if you start to have a m/c naturally they still may have to do a D&C if there is still tissue left.  I miscarried naturally but there was still tissue leftover and then they did a D&C on me.  I finally got af after 4 weeks and 2 days from the D&C. Good luck!!

• So sorry for your loss. ?I had my D&C even after I had started bleeding on my own. ?After the D&C I didn't bleed right away t but started bleeding about 2 days later. ?It was like a very light period and it went on for about 3 weeks. ?After the bleeding stopped I got AF 6 weeks and 5 days later. ?I didn't have any pain after either. ?Good luck with everything.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss!

I had actually started to pass tissue (sorry tmi) and they still did the d&c...but I went into the hospital in extreme pain, with medium bleeding, (a day after going in for cramping) and they were worried I had an infection because of my low white cell count, and some other things.

• I am so sorry you are going through this.  As I said on your Jan 2011 post, this is almost the same timing as what happened to me, down to the baby's heart stopping likely the day of my ultrasound. 

It looks like you got some answers on what happens if you begin bleeding before the procedure, but I just wanted to say from a recovery standpoint I had almost no bleeding and zero cramping after the procedure, which was a week ago.  I kept waiting for it and it just hasn't come.  Of course, still waiting on AF.

DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • I am so sorry to see you over here.GL today. I bled very lightly and no cramping. I actually just stopped wearing pads 3 days ago and its been 2 weeks last Tuesday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry about your loss.  ((HUGS))

I just had a D&C yesterday.  Yes, they will do the surgery even if you're bleeding on your own. I was bleeding over a week prior to my surgery.  So far I've had hardly any bleeding at all since the surgery.  Not sure if that'll change.  My doctor said the bleeding will probably last up to 2 weeks and it would probably be a month after that for AF to return.  Every woman and her cycle is different so it's hard to say exactly how things will go.

Good luck tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"