Attachment Parenting
Options

recommend a baby carrier

I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times, but I'm shopping around for carriers and am overwhelmed.  Which would you recommend and why?  Also, what is the advantage over a carrier to a wrap?

Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: recommend a baby carrier

• Options
    The catbird baby pikkolo is hands down the best carrier! Well for me it is- its light weight (less then 2lbs) has a hood, memory foam straps and dual buckle adjustments and four positions- face front, face chest, hip and back. It makes it easy for both me and mh to share the same carrier.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just got a Pikkolo, too and am LOVIN' it!  I think it's really a matter of personal opinion and what your individual needs are.  I use a wrap, but only if I have it on when I am home or in my neighborhood.  I still find wraps a little cumbersome to wrap while I'm out. 

NCbelle does have some great information.

• Options

I also have a pikkolo....sorry to bombard you with this, because there are TONS of great carriers out there.  However, just wanted to mention another great thing about it....you can add a support belt when lo gets older (they say over 20 lbs....) I am not using it yet with my 18 lb lo, but I have tried it and it does feel a LOT lighter.  And for some reason, when it's on with the support belt it fits ME much better than a beco or an ergo (which lots of people love, by the way!)

Love the options to face different directions. Right now I am loving the hip carry....so does dd! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"