Attachment Parenting

Another BLW post..Food 7 month old

I know that BLW posts are all the time so thanks for reading Big Smile I value everyone?s opinions.

We have been doing BLW with DD for the past month or so and I just want more ideas for foods to offer her. I feel like we don't eat very healthy (DH and I) so I really want to be starting fresh with her so to speak. But it makes it hard to just share a meal with her when what we eat may not be okay for her. We've just done basic random things now. Broccoli, carrots, asparagus, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, toast, penne pasta.

Do you do any meal type things at 7 months or should I stick with slices of fruits and veggies for now. Also remind me again things I should NOT be offering her so I know everything else is fair game (honey, choking hazards such as grapes and hot dogs, milk (is cheese/yogurt okay) )

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image

Re: Another BLW post..Food 7 month old

• we're starting tonight, but i heard that, unless you have a history of allergies, cheese and yogurt are fine. 

what about cucumbers, hummus, brown rice, pear, avocado, egg yolk? 

• By 7 months, we started giving him tastes of whatever we were having (as long as it wasn't "crap" food).  Things to avoid - raw apple and carrot (although you can grate it and that's fine); nuts; egg whites (although we started whole eggs before one); honey; peanut butter; round things not cut (like grapes)...may be missing something but I think those are the main things we avoided.  We did yogurt and cheese at 7 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD had toast and cucumbers for breakfast today.  Right this minute she's having a bread & butter pickle slice :-)  She won't eat that of course but she's sucking it for all it's worth.  So much about eating at this stage still is about discovery not consumption.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagencbelle:
    Things to avoid - raw apple and carrot (although you can grate it and that's fine);

?? Is this because it could break off? I ask because I have already given her raw apples. I cut them using a corer/slicer and give her a piece to gnaw on. She seems to like the cold on her gums. Should I stop??

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • imageLucky_N_Love:

imagencbelle:
    Things to avoid - raw apple and carrot (although you can grate it and that's fine);

?? Is this because it could break off? I ask because I have already given her raw apples. I cut them using a corer/slicer and give her a piece to gnaw on. She seems to like the cold on her gums. Should I stop??

If you were doing super thin slices, it's probably ok.  Apple is a bit too hard IMO to give in chunk size piece.  I still don't feel comfortable giving kiddo raw carrot in chunks (and I'm not particularly cautious about what I give him).

• There's no reason I know of not to give apple.  If your LO liked it then let them have it.  My little lady would simply suck all the juice out...

For dinner tonight she had pork chop (one of the ones I made for DH and me), a piece of broccoli, two slices of navel orange, and a piece of white peach.  She spent the most time with the orange slices and the pork chop, the broccoli she liked 'till she lost it.  The peach was too slick for her and she kept dropping it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Apple has been a fave of DD since the get-go.  We would give chunks and she would gnaw on it with her gums and now will eat it and leave the skin.  We would even give her a whole apple with a piece bit out and she would handle it, gnaw/gum it, and suck on juice.

This is a FB album I made of my forays into BLW, each picture has her age below: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=2304790&id=551383371

I also have BLW links and a link to all my BLW-related posts in my blog (in siggy). 

At 7 months, we did a lot of fresh produce.  Tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelon, peaches, etc.  We also started giving her beans, sometimes smushed so easier to grab clumps.  We gave her brad products too - English muffin, pancake, bread, etc.  Often with hummus as a topper.  I can't remember keeping anything away from her except the things that ncbelle mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"