High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro (a little long)

Hello everyone,

My name is Monica and I am currently 13W 6D.  This is my 4th pregnancy (I've had three previous losses.)

My first pregnancy ended in September 1998 at 21 weeks.  We went in for the mid-pregnancy ultrasound and my son's heart was no longer beating.  After he was delivered we found out that there were a lot of placental infacts and there was velamentous insertion of the cord.  At my 16 week ultrasound his measurements were normal but at 21W 3D he was only measuring at 18 weeks.  I was subsequently tested for Lupus and Antiphospholipid syndrome because of the condition of the placenta but those tests came back negative. 

A few months later I became pregnant again, but ended up miscarrying at 6 weeks in April '99. I've dealt with PCOS throughout the years and always felt like I would never get pregnant.  In October '07 I was having severe RLQ pain and was sent for an ultrasound to see if I might have an ovarian cyst, and bloodwork was taken, as well.  My dr. ended up calling me later to ask if I had started bleeding (I had), my Beta HCG had come back showing very low numbers.

I got my BFP on May 1st, and to be honest, it was quite unexpected.  I had a moderate amount of bleeding at 6 weeks but haven't had any since then.  At the time I went in for my NT screening the first time they told me I was measuring 9 days behind from what I remember my LMP being... and I went back again 2 weeks ago but the test was inconclusive due to the position of the baby.  I just relocated to another state and have started seeing an OB/GYN group associated with a research hospital.  At my last appt. they told me that due to my prior pregnancy history my subsequent appts. will be at their High Risk clinic.  It's in 2 weeks but I feel very anxious as I want to make sure that any maternal factors for what might have caused my son's stillbirth and the other losses are ruled out.  I was tested for Lupus and ALS but I do not recall having been tested for anything else.  I want to ask about baby aspirin, lovenox, increased monitering.... the further I get into this pregnancy the more nervous I get.....

Anyway, thank you if you've gotten this far.  Good luck to all of us here experiencing high risk pregnancies.

Re: Intro (a little long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"