Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Carseat VENT!

I just can't stand it when I see my friends post photos on facebook of their LO's in their carseat improperly.  Last year when my cousins baby turned 1 she had a picture of him FF in his seat.  I commented that he should stay RF till at least closer to 2.  Then today she post pictures of 3 kids in the backseat of a car.  Her kid was one of the three.  kid 1 - looks like he is in a booster with the seatbelt under his arm, kid 2 and 3 are in a 3 point harness (the kind that does not even click close).  And the chest clip thing is darn near each kids stomach.  So I mentioned to her that those seats are not as safe as a 5 point and they are much to loose.  The clip should be at armpit height.  Anyway she sends me this nasty text that they took the picture after the car was stopped (duhhhh) and they are the seats provided by her daycare.  EXCUSE ME!!!  I am pretty sure they don't even make 3 point harnesses like that anymore and I am sure those carseats are probably expired.  I am calming down before I text her back.  I did not mean to be snarky, I just thought that maybe she was uninformed.  I would have a fit if a daycare provided that sort of carseat for my child.  If so, I would provide a seat myself for my kid.  Sorry to vent but I had to get that out.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Carseat VENT!

• I've my hands on my hips right now! I feel sorry for the poor kids. And I hate to say it but...your friends seems stoopid.

• I get where you are coming from. However, I have learned it is best to just butt out, because most of the time your "helpfulness" is regarded as criticism. People don't like that.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:
    I get where you are coming from. However, I have learned it is best to just butt out, because most of the time your "helpfulness" is regarded as criticism. People don't like that.

you're right, I just sent her a message that I did not mean to offend by seeming like a know it all.  I am just super anal about carseat safety for my kids.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:
    I get where you are coming from. However, I have learned it is best to just butt out, because most of the time your "helpfulness" is regarded as criticism. People don't like that.

This. I only have like 3 friends that I would ever say something to.  Most people don't care and if you say something about they just think you criticizing them.  Some things you just have to let go.  Also I refuse to judge or criticize someone who FF at year.  That is the law in most states and considered to the be the norm.  Even if it isn't the safest option.  

• imageSugar Honeybiscuits:

I've my hands on my hips right now! I feel sorry for the poor kids. And I hate to say it but...your friends seems stoopid.

I agree to this!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"