Natural Birth

Financial PSA

For those of you going for a natural birth in a hospital, make sure you request an itemized bill after the birth, or get on the hospital website and look at the detail charges. I was billed for a lot of "standard" procedures that I had declined - mostly ones for the baby and not for me. Overall, they charged for $800 in the eye ointment, dye for the cord, and Vitamin K shots that we signed forms to decline. 

They didn't seem to give me a hard time when I called to bring it to their attention, but we'll see when I get the next statement if they were able to remove those charges.

On my personal statement, I didn't see anything too unusual, but I've heard of natural birth ladies being charged for Pitocin and things like that, so you may want to watch for that as well. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. :)

Re: Financial PSA

• Wow, I didn't even think about that. I've been paying on our bill and have no idea if this stuff is on there. I'll have to check now. That's crazy!
  • CTri17CTri17 member

imageCarabiner252:
    I bet the bean counter downstairs just plugs in "Birth, Vaginal" and all those charges pop up automatically on everyone. Good idea to check on it.

bwahaha

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"