Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone have the Evenflo Symphony 3-in-1 carseat? (somewhat long)

We just got back from a trip to Florida and checked in our Evenflo Triumph LX at airport curbside.  Unfortunately, when we got our baggage, our carseat was broken.  Thankfully, we kept our other carseat installed in our truck so DD was fine going home.  We made a claim through Delta and they said for us to purchase a new seat and they would reimburse us.  I went to Toys R Us today and they were having a pretty good sale on their clearance items.  The Evenflo Symphony 3-in-1 was regularly $199 marked down to $179 and then an additional 25% off of that and I had a 20%off coupon.  Bringing it down to $107 which is a great deal!  However, the wieght limit for forward facing goes to 40lbs and then it turns into a booster and goes to 100lbs.  My DD is 23 months, 27 lbs...is this seat going to take her to 4 years old with the internal harness? I don't know if I am comfortable with this weight limit or not as I am not too sure what the recommendations are.  The Evenflo Triumph LX goes to 50lbs and is their base model.  I figured getting the Symphony for this price was a steal, but now I think I am second guessing that?  Anyone knowledgeable in this area? TIA. Sorry for the long, drawn out story:)

Re: Anyone have the Evenflo Symphony 3-in-1 carseat? (somewhat long)

• The idea of a 3-in-1 is fantastic, but the reality isnt as great. 4 years and 40 lbs is the MINIMUM for a child to be in a booster, and most kids are no where near ready to sit in a booster properly until after age 5. So, while it would be nice to keep a child in the same seat and just change it to a booster, the kid isnt usually ready for the booster until well after the point when they've outgrown it. And, most of those seats (including the Triumph convertible)  have short shells, so they're outgrown by height before the weight limit has even been reached.

If you want a great seat that will last until your child is TRULY old enough for a booster (both for height and weight), you'd probably be much happier with a First Years TrueFit, a Sunshine Kids Radian, or a Graco MyRide. You can find all of these for under $200 and they all go up to 65 lbs in the harness (the Radian has an 80 lb model as well). Then, you can buy a $40 booster when they're ready :)

• I have the triumph, can I ask what was broken on it? I am not familiar with the symphony, my child is also 27lbs at 26 months and I would probably want the higher weight limit for the harness. I checked on Evenflo's website and they only have the Symphony 65 listed so I am assuming this is a discontinued version?
  • Loading the player...
  • emiliemadi... Thanks so much for the info.  I am not as educated in this area and you really helped me.  I really only bought the Symphony because it was a great deal and I figured it was a better model than the Triumph LX (as it is more expensive).  I just want to make sure my DD is in an internal harness for as long as possible.  I should have just got another Triumph! But like you said, she will probably exceed the height limit far before the weight limit. I think it might be too late to return it as my husband installed it in our car today.  I should have done more research before I bought it. And I don't know if Delta will reimburse if it's a different brand.  Uggghh!!!

kt1982...The foam was pulled away from the plastic base on the back.  When you remove the cover to wash it, it says "Do Not Remove" and there are two hinges that it attaches to.  I figured if it was removed, then it is not safe to use.  It could probably be pushed back on but there is no way I am taking a chance on that. I think the Symphony 65 took place of the 3-in-1 and that is why it was such a good price.  Buying carseats can be very confusing, as it was for me today:(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"