Trying to Get Pregnant

Tonight's Wine-Making Excursion. :)

So, I went to make my wine at the place where you make your own, and we went with a white merlot, an Australian shiraz.... and, they had a sale on.... MOJITOS!!!

The mojitos work out to less than $3 a litre!! They take 4 weeks to get delicious, so I'll be drinking it up in August! (unless I'm pg of course....) 

Re: Tonight's Wine-Making Excursion. :)

• Delish!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image**Papps**:
    Glad you had a good time :) You'll have to let us know how it turns out!

I definitely will! I wish I would have done it sooner, then I'd have something to drink for Canada Day tomorrow!! Well... I'll have something to drink anyway... but it won't be something I slaved over. haha

(And by slaved over, I mean, watched the guy pour a bunch of stuff in to vat, then I stirred it with a spoon for 5 seconds). 

• Loading the player...
  • That sounds like so much fun! DH and I are wine lovers and I have been looking for a place near us that we can make it ourselves.  I've found a few, but they're so far and soooo expensive!  I don't know what part of Canada you're from, but we went to niagra a few years ago and stumble across a whole bunch of really awesome vinyards up near there.  We were hooked on ice wines for awhile and can't wait to go back soon!
    TTC #1 since 4/10; Diagnosed with PCOS 11/10 by RE; BFP 6/11, heard the heartbeat twice. no heartbeat on 7/13/11, d&c the next day @ 9 weeks 2 days. BFP 1/30/12 from IUI, triplets confirmed at 6 weeks. Everything is great until I had pPROM, delivered the next day at 22 weeks 6 days. 1 was stillborn, 2 lived for a short time. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageMrsMS2008:
    That sounds like so much fun! DH and I are wine lovers and I have been looking for a place near us that we can make it ourselves.  I've found a few, but they're so far and soooo expensive!  I don't know what part of Canada you're from, but we went to niagra a few years ago and stumble across a whole bunch of really awesome vinyards up near there.  We were hooked on ice wines for awhile and can't wait to go back soon!

I don't know where in NJ you are, but there is a place in Hammonton that has the grape juice and other wine making things.  DH makes his wine in our basement.  The initial cost is a lot, but it more than pays for itself in the end.

• imageMrsMS2008:
    That sounds like so much fun! DH and I are wine lovers and I have been looking for a place near us that we can make it ourselves.  I've found a few, but they're so far and soooo expensive!  I don't know what part of Canada you're from, but we went to niagra a few years ago and stumble across a whole bunch of really awesome vinyards up near there.  We were hooked on ice wines for awhile and can't wait to go back soon!

I'm in Ottawa. The place we went to is really small. Premium wines there will run about 60-90$, but you get 28 bottles out of it. We split it between three people, and bought three different wines (well, one was a mojito, not wine). Some of the wines are as cheap at $4 a bottle. The good thing about the place we went to is that their wines are guaranteed, so if you make a batch and hate it, they'll let you make something else for free. Not sure what they do with the bad batch though... maybe they drink it when it's slow? :D If this stuff ends up being great, then there's a place closer to my end of the city I want to try, they have different stuff. All in all, it's a fun experience.

• imagecmm8311:

imageMrsMS2008:

I don't know where in NJ you are, but there is a place in Hammonton that has the grape juice and other wine making things.  DH makes his wine in our basement.  The initial cost is a lot, but it more than pays for itself in the end.

Thanks! I'm not too far, kind of near LBI, so we could go out there.  Which winery is it?  I was just checking out the website for https://www.thewineroom.com/ in Cherry Hill, it seemed pretty neat too.  That's awesome that you guys can make your own at home. 

TTC #1 since 4/10; Diagnosed with PCOS 11/10 by RE; BFP 6/11, heard the heartbeat twice. no heartbeat on 7/13/11, d&c the next day @ 9 weeks 2 days. BFP 1/30/12 from IUI, triplets confirmed at 6 weeks. Everything is great until I had pPROM, delivered the next day at 22 weeks 6 days. 1 was stillborn, 2 lived for a short time. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageMrsMS2008:
    imagecmm8311:

imageMrsMS2008:

Thanks! I'm not too far, kind of near LBI, so we could go out there.  Which winery is it?  I was just checking out the website for https://www.thewineroom.com/ in Cherry Hill, it seemed pretty neat too.  That's awesome that you guys can make your own at home. 

It's called Gino Pinto.  If you google it, their website will come up.

• imageYa Never Know:

imageMrsMS2008:

I'm in Ottawa. The place we went to is really small. Premium wines there will run about 60-90$, but you get 28 bottles out of it. We split it between three people, and bought three different wines (well, one was a mojito, not wine). Some of the wines are as cheap at $4 a bottle. The good thing about the place we went to is that their wines are guaranteed, so if you make a batch and hate it, they'll let you make something else for free. Not sure what they do with the bad batch though... maybe they drink it when it's slow? :D If this stuff ends up being great, then there's a place closer to my end of the city I want to try, they have different stuff. All in all, it's a fun experience.

I think I missed my calling in life!  :)  That's awesome that they give you the opportunity to make another batch if you don't like it. I've been thinking of doing this for awhile, so I'm convinced now. Thanks!  Glad you had a great time! 

• That sounds like something i could go for! Gla dyou had fun though!
    image image
  • That sounds like fun!
  • I'm jealous. I love wine, especially if it doenst cost a lot! Of course, if I had 28 bottles in the house, I would be drinking every night for weeks :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"