1st Trimester

Keeping it secret...

It's still super early in my pregnancy, and my husband and I want to at least wait until we hear the heartbeat at my appointment scheduled for the very end of July before we start telling anyone...but gosh, it's so hard to keep it quiet. I'm so excited, so nervous, so tired...but my main question is this:

How would you keep your sweet secret when you are a chaperone on a youth group (Middle School kids) trip to an amusement park??? I know I'm going to get HOUNDED about not riding any rollercoasters, etc., and I don't want to lie, but I can't/won't tell yet! ?

?

Creative suggestions, anyone? It may sound silly, but I need help...haha...the Bump is the only place I have to talk about these things!

Re: Keeping it secret...

• Tell them you pulled something in your back and your doctor said you shouldn't ride the rides.. not a total lie because your doctor told you not to ride rides and I'm sure your back hurts 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha, thank you kbuns...that's a great (and mostly true) suggestion
  • Loading the player...
  • elisbuelisbu member
    They them you get REALLY bad motion sickness and you forgot your meds!! awww..shucks, now you cant go on ride!
  • bad back or neck...I have both and it keeps me off the coasters...or they need someone to hold their stuff and you volunteer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so glad you asked this because I am supposed to go to Disneyland on Friday and have the same problem.  Especially because everyone knows Space Mountain is my favorite!
  • imagekbuns:
    Tell them you pulled something in your back and your doctor said you shouldn't ride the rides.. not a total lie because your doctor told you not to ride rides and I'm sure your back hurts 

Ha i love that answer

• I get really, really bad headaches after riding a coaster. I'd tell them you get unbearably bad headaches and you just can't hack it that day.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • As long as they aren't super jarring you should be able to ride rides. We went to Disney World when I was 7/8 weeks pregnant and I went on quite a few rides. My doctor advised me to avoid anything too intense but to have fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"