Eco-Friendly Family

Sewing with a Gun in My Lap

It's a BB gun, but a gun non-the-less.

Tonight, the biggest mouse I have ever seen raced thru my kitchen.  Those of you who know me, know what a cleaning freak I am, so why he's here is beyond me.  He's so big, that I thought another flying squirril had got in the house at first.  Definately not a rat either.  I googled mice to see the different kinds, and he's definately a field mouse.  A big, grey, [most likely] diseased rodent.

Flame away, but this sucker isn't surviving past my bed time.  I don't have time to be humane or kind, when I have 3 kids in my home, who don't need bit by something that may be carrying a disease.

Because he showed up, I moved the stove, fridge, and dishwasher, and scrubbed the floors where they go.

And now, we are definately getting a new cat soon.  Because cats and big old house go hand and hand for exactly this reason.

MusicMusic Here mousie, mousie, mousie! MusicMusic

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sewing with a Gun in My Lap

• Ugh... this gave me chicken skin!  ::shudders::

Also.. chocolate syrup is GREAT for mouse traps!

• Yuck!! Good luck getting him... Eveytime anyone has a mouse if reminds me of the time we caught one on a glue trap and my DH cried like a baby....
  • Loading the player...
  • My cats know diddly-squat about catching a mouse.
  • imagepixy_stix:
    My cats know diddly-squat about catching a mouse.

My last cat was the king of the mousers.  I miss him dearly.  Moles, mice, what ev, he left it dead for me to find and DH to haul off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • growing up our cat used to run from the mice... we didn't get them often. But I remember two occasions where the mouse chased the 20lb cat out of the room...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hate hate hate mice.  HATE HATE HATE.

Growing up in the middle of a cornfield in a 100 year old house makes me that way.  

That said, your bb gun solution sounds good.  

My cat used to pick mice up and toss them then chase them when she dropped them.  She never did kill one.  But she had fun playing with them. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"