Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Does your LO repeat things a lot?

Please tell me they do.  She is obsessed, and I mean obsessed with cats right now.  All she does is meow. Over and over and over.

I just put her to bed, and she is meowing to herself.  And the cats aren't even in her room.  (Yes we have four of them).

That's normal, right?

Re: Does your LO repeat things a lot?

• Yes, I think it's normal. ?I was so freaked out a couple months ago over DS's car/truck obsession. ?He would say "car" and truck ALL. DAY. LONG. ?It's lessened somewhat. ?But he repeats new words/sounds over and over, especially when they're new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YES. I posted this on my local board a while ago. DD was saying "baby" over and over and over. Bayybee bayyybee, baaaaabeeeee, ugg. I guess it is totally normal esp with new words.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD says "ahhh" to every drink she sees.  Ya know how people say ahhh after they take a drink?  Yeah, my dad taught her to do that.  So it has now turned into her saying ahhh at every single liquid she sees....lotions, actual drinks, laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.  A trip to the grocery store is pretty crazy cuz she says ahhhh over and over and over.  DD also repeats words incessantly if we fail to acknowledge whatever it is she is saying. 
    imageimageimage
  • yes.  DS is currently obsessed with golfing - so he says golf ("gof") and swing ("wiing") and "putt" in succession several times per day.  sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's annoying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Totally normal. DS's favorite things are "bike" and "ball" so that's all we hear all day long.  His vocabulary is starting to really expand but these are still the 2 words that he by far says the most.
  • For the past two months I've heard the word "cat" about 1,000 times a day.  I never have to wonder where the cats are because Gavin is always on top of it......and if he doesn't see the cat then he says "cat? cat? cat?"....every animal is a cat to him.  You are not alone.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ok, all these posts made me giggle a little.  Meowing in bed...gof.......that stuff is SO cute!  Those are the types of things you need to video tape.  Yes, DD repeats stuff all the time.  She will say 'bir' (bird) while we are on our walk and she will continue to say it until I repeat it to her.  Then she will move onto 'tree' and repeat the above steps. 
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.- Art Buchwald Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • every day all day.

her faves are "dance?"  and "wash?"  tonight at dinner "clock!"

and then identifying everything/everyone in the room. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"