1st Trimester

1 tri spotting= how much?

let me preface DH and i are not TTC just yet....

I posted earlier this week on 6-9 mo board that i was late for my period and was going on 35 days today.  (mind you in all my life i have been 28 days give or take a day even after having the twins) so when i was about 33 days into my cycle i started to worry but all my pregnancy tests kept coming back negative.  I called my ob just to see what he thinks bc i was getting some light faint spotting yesterday (whihc again is not normal for me AF usually comes on like a tidal wave hahaha) 

The nurse said it could be to early to tell if i was pregant and thats why the tests were coming back negative (or i could not be pregnant) i asked her about the spotting and she said this is very normal for the 1st tri if i am pregnant or my period is on its way.  I should wait 1 week and if nothing then my ob will run blood work.  ok thats didnt help at all hahaha...

( might be TMI so sorry!) Well this after noon i noticed a small gush of blood when i went to the bathroom.  I assumed it was my period and moved about my day feeling very stupid for having called my ob.  That was at noon today.  Not another drop of blood until this evening i went to go #2 and obviously had to push a little and another gush of blood.  I wiped and only found the left over from the gush of blood.  Went back a few min later... no blood.  This as i said earlier all seems so wierd to me bc my periods have always been very typical. 

Long story short my question is... "spotting" in the 1st trimester = how much blood?? Do i count this as my period and move on about my buisness? or should i keep an eye on this a bit longer? 

I was very blessed with my twins i got a BFP 1 day before my missed period hahaha no complications and very safe healthy pregnancy.  So im admittedly a bit nieve to stuff like this.  TIA

Re: 1 tri spotting= how much?

• chusumchusum member

To answer your question just keep an eye on it. It's odd that it's been 35 days and you are normally 28 days. If it continues to be odd bleeding you might want to ask your doctor to pull betas, the bloodwork can pick up on your levels earlier than the HPT. Spotting normally occurs if you've carried something heavy, done any strenuous activity, sex, etc. The OK blood is usually brown.

Sounds like you are quite ready for another baby, so I hope your period comes soon!

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• image#1_BadgeBunny:

let me preface DH and i are not TTC just yet....

I posted earlier this week on 6-9 mo board that i was late for my period and was going on 35 days today.  (mind you in all my life i have been 28 days give or take a day even after having the twins) so when i was about 33 days into my cycle i started to worry but all my pregnancy tests kept coming back negative.  I called my ob just to see what he thinks bc i was getting some light faint spotting yesterday (whihc again is not normal for me AF usually comes on like a tidal wave hahaha) 

The nurse said it could be to early to tell if i was pregant and thats why the tests were coming back negative (or i could not be pregnant) i asked her about the spotting and she said this is very normal for the 1st tri if i am pregnant or my period is on its way.  I should wait 1 week and if nothing then my ob will run blood work.  ok thats didnt help at all hahaha...

( might be TMI so sorry!) Well this after noon i noticed a small gush of blood when i went to the bathroom.  I assumed it was my period and moved about my day feeling very stupid for having called my ob.  That was at noon today.  Not another drop of blood until this evening i went to go #2 and obviously had to push a little and another gush of blood.  I wiped and only found the left over from the gush of blood.  Went back a few min later... no blood.  This as i said earlier all seems so wierd to me bc my periods have always been very typical. 

Long story short my question is... "spotting" in the 1st trimester = how much blood?? Do i count this as my period and move on about my buisness? or should i keep an eye on this a bit longer? 

I was very blessed with my twins i got a BFP 1 day before my missed period hahaha no complications and very safe healthy pregnancy.  So im admittedly a bit nieve to stuff like this.  TIA

I know this doesn't answer your question but I like you picture of be safe at night sleep with a cop! I sleep with one every night :o) My DH is a cop also! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"