Washington Babies

Mamas who weaned at 1-year

Did you slowly start weaning before one year? At one year?

I might be starting a part-time job here in the next week or so, and just wondering what everyone's experience was regarding weaning.

Thanks so much!

Re: Mamas who weaned at 1-year

• KNemoKNemo member

I started the process of weaning at around 11 months. I just started cutting out feedings, one at a time. First, we got rid of the middle of the night one. Then, Max weaned himself from the morning feeding. And then, I finally cut out the bed time one at 13 months.

Good luck, mama! What are you gonna do for work?

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• imageKNemo:

I started the process of weaning at around 11 months. I just started cutting out feedings, one at a time. First, we got rid of the middle of the night one. Then, Max weaned himself from the morning feeding. And then, I finally cut out the bed time one at 13 months.

When you were cutting out nursing sessions - did you replace each one with whole milk?

I am hoping to get a job as a personal assistant. Something I love to do, but never thought we could make it work.....but I think we can!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • KNemoKNemo member
    imageBri&Shane_3/8/08:
    imageKNemo:

When you were cutting out nursing sessions - did you replace each one with whole milk?

I am hoping to get a job as a personal assistant. Something I love to do, but never thought we could make it work.....but I think we can!!!!

I didn't add in the whole milk until he was 11.5 months old. The night-time one just needed to end! He didn't need it and it was more for comfort. The morning one we did sub milk for, same with the bedtime one.

You would be such a GREAT personal assistant. Your attention to detail and organizational skills make you perfect for that job! Yay!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Connor didnt have a night time one but around 11 months I cut out 1 of his afternoons and he didnt seem to mind. I also started give him taste of milk a little early but it wasnt to replace any of his 3 nursing sessions. Once we hit 12 months he basically cut  each feeding on his own schedule. I went to nurse him one night before bed and he refused it and instead took a cup from my husband...2 days later he stop the AM one. I wasn't ready...I cried!

Good luck with the job & weaning!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • We dropped the night time feeding at about 11.5 months. At first, I gave her some water if she seemed to need something, but after a few days I stopped doing that as well (because she started expecting it and she LOVES water). Right at 12 months I started giving her bottles instead of feedings. For a few days I replaced the morning feeding for a bottle, then started doing bottles at nap, etc. After about 2 weeks, we were at bottles for all feedings, usually doing 3-4 a day (2 naps, 1 at night an occasionally 1 in the morning).

Strangely enough, she just dropped her second nap, so we're down to 2 bottles a day. She refuses to drink milk out of a sippy, so we're doing a lot of cheese, yogurt, etc to "supplement" (or pediatrician said this was totally fine).

Good luck!! Weaning went much more smoothly than I thought it would, hopefully you have a similar experience!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"