What do I need to read? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

What do I need to read?

I will be heading to the library Friday and plan to pick up some books on breastfeeding and natural childbirth. I know nothing about breastfeeding, okay some but not much, and was wondering what you recommend to read to help me become "breastfeeding savy?" TIA ladies!

Re: What do I need to read?

• I loved So That's What They're For - funny take on the subject.  The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is also supposed to be good.  www.kellymom.com is fantastic as well.

For childbirth - The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth were helpful for me.

• A good lactation consultant to make a personal visit with you after you get home is worth 1,000 books. I know that doesn't really answer your question - but I feel very strongly about LCs and not so strongly about BFing books during pregnancy. It's one of those things you learn by doing, not by reading.
  • Loading the player...
  • PP is right about a good LC making a big difference. Also, if you attend a Le Leche meeting (highly encourage it!) they often have a great library of good resources just in case the library doesn't have what you're looking for.  GL
  • I love so that's what they're for. I would also suggest taking a BF class & finding a local Leleche meeting or group for after LO is born good luck :)
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards