2nd Trimester

How do I do it?

I am going to be 14 weeks this Saturday.  Other than my mom and sisters, we haven't told anyone I'm pregnant.  I don't know how to do that.  For one, I don't want all the questions.  Everyone's going to be surprised because this wasn't planned and everyone knew or figured I would never have kids again because of my lifestyle.  My son fits my lifestyle but everyone always jokes about how I don't seem like the "mom type".  I also have a few friends that have been trying to conceive for years.  How do I tell them without their feelings getting hurt?  How do I announce this?  Or do I even have to?  I am almost wanting to just show up at my sisters wedding next year with the baby and say "Surprise!!!!".  I live far away from home so nobody would see me grow....suggestions on how to tell people!!!!  I kinda want to send out an email through Facebook....ugh...but my coworkers don't know and I don't want my work to find out just yet....ugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do I do it?

• Couldn't you just ask your mom and sisters to spread the word for you? That should take care of family. Then just mention it to friends as you see/speak to them. No need for a big announcement. Your news will trickle out without a production.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You don't have to make a formal anouncement.  14 weeks is still early.  I know one girl who finally started sharing at 20 wks so depending on the status of you bump, you could probably avoid sharing the news this weekend. 

Secondly, it's no ones business if your pregnancy was planned or not!  If someone says anything just stare at them and say, "Excuse me."  That is a very personal question.  If someone asks you a question that you don't want to answer you can just smile and ask why they would need to know.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • imageblondie42107:

You don't have to make a formal anouncement.  14 weeks is still early.  I know one girl who finally started sharing at 20 wks so depending on the status of you bump, you could probably avoid sharing the news this weekend. 

Secondly, it's no ones business if your pregnancy was planned or not!  If someone says anything just stare at them and say, "Excuse me."  That is a very personal question.  If someone asks you a question that you don't want to answer you can just smile and ask why they would need to know.

Good luck!

THIS

DH and I didn't tell anyone outside of our parents until I was around 18 weeks or so. It's no ones business. Our mom's pretty much told all of the family because they were excited. 

• Awww first of all I love the cat that's waving at me....what an awesome picture!

2nd,  thank you.  You guys are right.  I have 3 sisters who will be more than happy to share the news....they actually keep asking me when I'm going to tell people.  I was going to wait to get to Montana....I am moving there in August...I will be almost 20 weeks at that point and will also know the sex of the baby....hmmmmm....okay I will let my sisters do the work for me....

• imagespursgirl10:

Awww first of all I love the cat that's waving at me....what an awesome picture!

2nd,  thank you.  You guys are right.  I have 3 sisters who will be more than happy to share the news....they actually keep asking me when I'm going to tell people.  I was going to wait to get to Montana....I am moving there in August...I will be almost 20 weeks at that point and will also know the sex of the baby....hmmmmm....okay I will let my sisters do the work for me....

Thanks!  My furbaby loves to wave :)

Me personally - I would avoid sharing pregnancy news at a big event.  I'm not afraid of attention but wouldn't want all the questions either.  I thought it was bad enough when I went to a bridal shower for a cousin three weeks after the news came out - so many aunts and cousins asking questions and giving advice.  More attention than I expected and needed.

• I totally know how you feel, my pregnancy wasn't planned either, but I'm excited now, and so is DH's family.  They did most of the spreading, my family is keeping the word under wraps.  I say tell who you feel closest to and most comfortable with, and the sisters will totally help.  Don't worry, I've been super surprised by the reaction of everyone.  People seem to love a pregnant lady!

• My cousin did it by sending an email with her dog wearing a t-shirt that said "oh on, not another one!" with their first child in the picture next to the dog. And then it said how many weeks she was and her due date.

Nothing fancy, but it was witty. You dont even have to do something witty. I also like the idea of having your mom and sister spread the word. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"