Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

bleeding Q's

I'm *pretty* sure I'm almost done bleeding from this m/c. I wasn't very far along when it happened, probably about 5-6weeks, so is it normal that I really only bled for 4 days? Before and after that 4 days I've been spotting only. Today, I hardly have anything.

I guess I'm just freaked out that I might not have passed everything. I called my doctor about an ultrasound and said it was unnecessary because she's going to check my levels in a week and a half. If the levels haven't gone down, she's going to do an ultrasound and check everything out. Last time I had a beta, it was a 34, so it was already pretty low.

So for those of you that had early miscarriages like mine, how long did you bleed for?

(I'm really excited to stop bleeding so I can jump my DH! with a condom of course.....hahaha sorry TMI) Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning! :)

~Melanie

TTC since July '09
Diagnosed with PCOS Feb '10
6/2010 - Natural M/C - made it to 5 weeks
10/2010 - D&C - made it to 7 weeks
6/2011 - Natural M/C - made it to 6 weeks
4/2012 - BFP! Beta#1 1401 20DPO
Beta #2 4327 24DPO
U/S 6w6d 134bpm heartrate! Baby Gummybear!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: bleeding Q's

• I was a little farther along than you. I started bleeding a week and a half ago. The actual miscarriage was last Thursday. And today so far is the first day I haven't even spotted, so for me it was about 10 days total. I'm hoping mine has stopped completely today, bleeding is just a constant reminder of this whole awful situation.
    TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • I miscarried at 7 weeks.  Mine lasted about four days Sun-Wed.  And I spotted here and there through the weekend.  BTW I went to emergency room on Wednesday because I was in so much pain.  Found out there that a piece of tissue was stuck and that was causing the super-intense cramping.   Also, my HCG levels were still in the 100s. 

They ended up doing an u/s in the er to confirm everything was gone. But my ob had told me as the miscarriage was starting that I should watch for super-intense cramping or fever as a sign that not everything had cleared. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had two very early losses, and bled at same amount of time as a normal period.  It was a little bit heavier and with more intense cramps, but they were both under 5 weeks, so it was probably more like a normal period because it was so early.  
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had bleeding for about 12 days total. It completely stopped yesterday. I was somewhere between 6 weeks to maybe 5 1/2. I started spotting that is when I went to the doctor. She put me on bedrest for a week then came back for ultrasound. That is when they confirmed I had lost the baby. I spotted for first few days and then last couple days and in the middle was heavy period and tissue. Tommorow I have u/s to confirm everything passed otherwise a D/C for me. I hope everything has passed for you different people bodies due different things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"