Infertility

Timed intercourse after trigger

Ok, advice needed.  **Needs to be known, hubby cannot perform twice in one day.  Just isn't going to happen**

After taking femara, I did the trigger shot this morning.  We are doing TI this cycle and I am trying to hit the optimum times for sex.  Dh does not have sperm issues and I had 3 mature follies and a good lining.

When would you have sex?  Now remember, dh can be a bit of a head case with all the pressure so it won't happen twice a day.  thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Timed intercourse after trigger

• I would follow the same schedule that docs do for b2b IUIs.  Have sex at 18hrs after trigger and 36hrs after trigger.  Or 24 hrs and 48 hrs after trigger.  You could probably work it so that 18 hrs, 36 hrs and 48 hrs are all on different days depending on what time you triggered.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would do 24 hours after trigger, 48 hours after trigger, 60 hours after trigger and 72 hours after trigger. We've done this and then everything minus the 60 hours and it has always worked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Jennype, I sent you another message... 2 actually :)

Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
    Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"