Babies on the Brain

?'s about Puerto Rico....

Has anyone ever been? Did you like it? Would you go back?

I found what seems to be a really good deal 4 nights @ El Conquistador Resort, The Waldorf Astoria with flights for $506.00 per person.

I don't know anyone personally that has been to PR, so I thought I'd ask you ladies. TIA!

imageimageimageimage *In my camera bag* Canon XT, 50mm 1.8, 28-75mm 2.8, 28-300mm 5.6, 18-55mm kit lens

Re: ?'s about Puerto Rico....

• I have been twice.  The first I was in HS and I stayed with my boyfriends family.

The second time was about 3 years ago and we stayed in old San Juan.  I loved it.  There was good shopping, nightlife and the food was fantastic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been, and I'm not rushing to go back.  I think part of the problem may have been the fact that it was very cold while we were there.  It also may have been our hotel, which was okay. but we should have stayed somewhere nicer.  We did go to El Conquistador one night, and it was very nice.  That sounds like a really good deal.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was there once. It was just for a stop on a cruise. I really didnt like it to much. I found that there was not to much to do. I was in port with 2 other ships and it was like no one was around. Cant really go by me since It was only a stop on a cruise.
  • I'm from PR, so my response may be biased. :)

El Conquistador is a gorgeous hotel! As a matter of fact, my DH and I were trying to book a few days there for our anniversary.

I say, if you get a good deal, take it.

You can make the trip whatever you want. If you want to relax, the hotel has some wonderful places to do so... If you want to go out and explore, there are many gorgeous places to go, some are even tours that you can buy at the hotel... Like the bioluminiscent bay, Vieques, Old San Juan...

Your options are many and quite varied.

• I wanted to go, but DH thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go while pg. We were looking at 4 nights plus airfare for about $800 in the historic part, and we're both all about historic cities so I thought it would have been fun.
    imageimage
  • Ok. Thanks ladies! I am going to look at it with my DH tomorrow and let him make the choice because I am leaning towards YES! I have never been to the Caribbean, so I would love to go.

imageBrookeNicole09:
    I wanted to go, but DH thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go while pg. We were looking at 4 nights plus airfare for about $800 in the historic part, and we're both all about historic cities so I thought it would have been fun.

Where did you find your deal at? I was looking at CheapCaribbean.com and the flights were out of ATL. 

imageimageimageimage *In my camera bag* Canon XT, 50mm 1.8, 28-75mm 2.8, 28-300mm 5.6, 18-55mm kit lens
  • Look into St Thomas or St Maarten. I have been to both and love them
  • imageWifey421Brooke:
    Look into St Thomas or St Maarten. I have been to both and love them

I did. They are both above my budget :(

• I was just looking around Expedia. We were going to stay at the Verdanza, https://www.verdanzahotel.com/ and that was RT for the 2 of us with little man sitting on a lap.

imageimage
  • I have been twice, both on cruises and loved it.  Good food and great shopping.  We were in Old San Jaun.  The USVI are awesome as mentioned in an above post.  
  • imageMimieJo:

Ok. Thanks ladies! I am going to look at it with my DH tomorrow and let him make the choice because I am leaning towards YES! I have never been to the Caribbean, so I would love to go.

imageBrookeNicole09:
    I wanted to go, but DH thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go while pg. We were looking at 4 nights plus airfare for about $800 in the historic part, and we're both all about historic cities so I thought it would have been fun.

Where did you find your deal at? I was looking at CheapCaribbean.com and the flights were out of ATL. 

I found some good deals on this site.. so I googled the company, terrible reviews FYI

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"