TTC After a Loss

My moms long lost friend just messaged me on FB...

She asked me if I had any kids yet Sad I just said "Nope" and I'm hoping she doesn't go into the details of all her grandbabies.I went to school with her daughter who had her first when we turned 17,she now has 4 and just got married last yr! Wow she literally just said "Don't want any?" So I said"Were having issues staying pregnant"Crying
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My moms long lost friend just messaged me on FB...

• WOW People really don't get it! I would never ask someone why they didn't have children. I hope she doesn't say anything else stupid ((HUGS))
  • WTF?!  I hope this was a private message and not on your wall!!!  What is with people thinking that they have the right to ask people about whether they are having kids.  I mean maybe it's one thing to ask in person, but to facebook you about it.  You are a lot nicer than I would have been.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh..I'm so sorry. People can be so dumb sometimes.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • people just dont get it... and its so frustrating! ((hugs))
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • It's on a private IM box,but  you haven't seen me in years and you ask me this?? We talk to her sister all the time and she knows what's going on cause she's like an Aunt to me,so I figured she knew everything...
  • A family friend of mine for some reason feels it necessary to ask me any chance he gets "When are you and Dave gonna have babies?" He knows full well about my m/c. And I nicely remind hime "I had a m/c, remember?" He then will ALWAYS respond "I know but when are you gonna have babies?"

AHHH! Some people are just so......I dont even know!

I know how you feel!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP-2/4/10 EDD-9/27/10 M/C-2/11/10 7w3d D&C and Methotrexate-2/19/10
    BFP-11/21/10 M/C-11/25/10
    Clomid Cycle #1-BFN
    Clomid Cycle #2-BFP-1/18/2011 M/C-1/26/2011
    BFP-5/18/11 Riley arrived 2/3/12 8lbs6oz 21.5in
  • imagemandy6418:

A family friend of mine for some reason feels it necessary to ask me any chance he gets "When are you and Dave gonna have babies?" He knows full well about my m/c. And I nicely remind hime "I had a m/c, remember?" He then will ALWAYS respond "I know but when are you gonna have babies?"

AHHH! Some people are just so......I dont even know!

I know how you feel!

People just don't get it.Getting pregnant and staying that way aren't always as easy as people say it is.
  • I'm sorry!  I think its hard for people to take the hint.  A lot of people have never been in our positions, so they don't know how touchy those simple questions can be!! HUGS!!
  • Thanks ladies! I Love TTCAL ladies cause everyone understands what the other is going through.
  • ugh. so sorry.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• This is going to sound really ugly and hateful....but I wish everyone could experience a loss so they would understand and stop saying stupid sh!t!!!

I think you handled her well!!!  I'm sorry you had to deal with her though.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1st pregnancy: BFP- 6/28/09 - Found out we lost our little girl on 10/9/09 at 19w 4d - D&E- 10/14/09

June 2010, corrective surgery for Septate Uterus and large fibroids

2nd pregnancy: BFP- 10/18/10 - Slow rising, non-doubling HCGs, no heart beat. Non-viable pregnancy, D&C- 11/12/10

Started Metformin 6/30/11, Started Clomid 7/20/11 - Unsuccessful

HSG and Laparoscopic surgery revealed blocked tubes and lots of scar tissue...IVF here we come!!!

Surprise BFP naturally!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageala_1220:

This is going to sound really ugly and hateful....but I wish everyone could experience a loss so they would understand and stop saying stupid sh!t!!!

I think you handled her well!!!  I'm sorry you had to deal with her though.

I agree with you.People need to experience what were all going through before they open their mouths and say stupid stuff.I'm honestly getting tired of telling people why we don't have kids and honestly don't know how to answer most of them without getting into personal details.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"