January 2011 Moms
Options

Major chicken adversion

My H and I are huge chicken and veggie eaters, but lately I have not been able to stomach handling raw chicken, let alone eating it.  I have been primarily living on cereal, bread/sandwiches and fruit.  We used to eat a lot of grilled chicken, ck stir fry, casserole-type dishes, etc.  I feel bad that I have not been making good dinners lately and am looking for ideas.  I bought my H a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken the other night to make up for my lack of cooking, but I need for more ideas for healthy meals! 

TIA!

Re: Major chicken adversion

• Options
    I haven't been able to eat chicken for weeks. 
  • Options

I've barely had any chicken since my BFP.  I'm just starting to come around to it, but only if someone else has cooked it, like if we order fried or get a rotisserie from the grocery store.  Raw chicken still makes me want to yak.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is it handling/cooking the raw chicken that makes you sick, or is it also eating the chicken? I know there are several foods that I can stomach, but can't smell when they're cooking. Since DH & I are both big pasta fans, I like to make main pasta dishes with cubed chicken in them. Lately, I've been using canned chicken so I don't have to smell the raw chicken. There are lots of box meals out there that do chunked chicken with cream sauces and pasta. One of my fave brands is Macaroni Grille meals, which give you all the ingredients in a box except the chicken. They call for 1 lb of diced chicken, but I have found that a 12 oz can of precooked chicken, drained, is just as good. I just skip the cooking chicken part of the directions and add the cooked chicken directly into the sauce mix. A lot of these meals can be made on the stove, or you can buy casserole meals for the oven. If you can't stomach the chicken at all (as I am with tuna fish), completely make the meal, take your portion out, then add a smaller can of chicken UNDRAINED into DH's half and let the rest of the meal cook a few more mins in the added liquid from the chicken. With one of these meals, I usually add some kind of bread or rolls and some kind of veggie on the side. If you like spaghetti with meat sauce, substitute ground chicken or turkey for the beef, and incorporate it into the sauce. I've found that stronger-tasting sauces are better for me when eating certain meats bc I can't taste the meat as much. One other option is making a big dinner for DH so he can eat it for a few days, then making yourself w/e you can eat w/out getting sick. Ex: have him grill chicken breasts one night (so he will handle the raw chicken), then turn the leftover cooked chicken into pasta meals/soups/casseroles so he will have some variety. You can always freeze leftover portions of chicken lasagnas or casseroles for him to eat at some other time.

• Options
    I've been chicken free since about the BFP. In week 4 we had a large party and cooked about 25 lbs of chicken and I thought I was going to die. Even thinking about this post grosses me out.
  • Options
    My DH and I used to eat chicken almost every night. Since my BFP I can handle making it but just cannot eat it. Last night I made some chicken and took one bite, almost puked, and then ate everything else on my plate instead. I don't know what it is but I can't stand the taste or texture of it. And before my BFP I used to NEVER eat red meat. Maybe like twice a year. Now I have red meat almost at every meal. And cheese. The combo is glorious to me. Bad news that I'm craving Mexican food and cheeseburgers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is going to sound so nit-picky, but it's aversion, not adversion. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't even think about chicken with out feeling ill
  • Options
    I have a major chicken aversion as well. It recently went away. Maybe yours will too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I had an aversion to chicken when I was pregnant with DS.  It's not an issue for me this time which I am thankful for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"