Breastfeeding

XP from 0-3: giving up dairy

I EBF and DD is VERY gassy, most of the time Mylecon only offers minimal relief. Pedi suggested today cutting out dairy to see if she's sensitive (i know i was as a baby, so there's reason to be suspicious).

My question is this, it seems like EVERYTHING has dairy in it. For those of you who have given it up, what do you eat? I feel like i'm going to be stuck eating crackers and juice for the next 10 1/2 months! Thanks :)

Re: XP from 0-3: giving up dairy

• You may not have to cut out all dairy - just the more obvious forms.  When I had dairy Drew would break out in a little rash (just like I did when I was a baby).  I cut out milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, etc and it was fine.  I could eat things with 'hidden dairy' no problem.  I could even eat things cooked with milk in them (usually baked goods). 

I've been able to add back in almost all dairy at this point. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I eat lots of meat and fruits and veggies.  I eat cereal with vanilla almond milk every morning for breakfast, then a chicken salad or sandwich for lunch and a meat and vegetable for dinner.  I have also found a vegan butter substitute that I use on potatoes.  I have been off of dairy for 6 weeks (because of DS's reflux) and I am finding more and more foods that I can eat.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just went dairy/soy free last week.  It was tough to think of not having cheese again for a long while but honestly it hasn't been bad at all, I may keep most sources of dairy out long term.  The big thing is cooking from scratch is best.  Lots of fruit and veggies in my diet.  Usually, I have oatmeal or eggs for breakfast.  Lunch I often have a sandwich - using avocado instead of cheese or butter.  Dinner, I just have to tweak regular recipes a bit.  I found a ton of websites with recipes and information on this diet. You'd be amazed at how much you actually can eat, just need to modify the recipes a bit.  Oh, and almond milk is really good so I use that in baking.  Email me (suzanngregetz@gmail.com) if you want a list of the ones I've found helpful. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"