Parenting

Where did you buy your used vehicle?

We are getting ready to buy a mini-van and are going to have to go used.  We want a Honda Odyssey.  Where should I start looking?  I would rather go through a dealer than a private seller.  Any other tips for buying a used vehicle?

Thanks for any help.  I am overwhelmed and don't want to mess this up since it is so much money.

Re: Where did you buy your used vehicle?

• We went to a local ford dealership and bought our program car from them ( it was the owner's with 5k on it). It was a very positive experience and they really made a great deal with us as that wanted to sell it b.a.d.

I recommend going out and driving what you *think* you might want and try some cars that aren't on your list. Tell them what you're looking for and most of the time they can make it happen.

GL!

~Lisa
    Mum to Owen and Lucas Daisypath Wedding tickers>
  • We bought a Landcruiser through ebay motors and it was the best used car purchase we've ever made.  That's not saying much since it was the ONLY used car purchase we've ever made...and it was a Landcruiser which is virtually indestructible, but still.  It was a smooth transaction.  They delivered it right to our front door step from somewhere up North.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought a car from Carmax in April.  There is a store here, but they didn't have any of the model we wanted.  So, we ordered it online.  We had to pay $250 to have it shipped from a different location but if it arrived and we didn't want it, we didn't have to buy it.  If you have a location close to you, I'd check out their website.  They are one of those haggle free places.  We had a great experience there. 
    Lucy 12.18.06, Will 6.21.09 & Adeline 11.2.11
  • We sold on Craigslist and bought at carmax.  We are about to sell another one on Craigslist.
  • We bought our minivan at Carmax back in '03.  We still have it, it has over 100K and we had an extended warrenty that came in handy at 1 point. 
  • We just bought a used mini van a couple of weeks ago at a local dealership, but we shopped around all over the place.  We visited MANY dealerships and test drove numerous mini vans, checked craigslist for the van we wanted, visited carmax.  We liked our experience at Carmax too, but with how desperate dealerships are to sell used vehicles, we got a much better deal "haggling" with the dealership vs. carmax.  We paid $2,000 less than what the vehicle was listed for at the dealership originally (less than the kelly blue book value) and $1,500 less than the vehicle we were interested in at carmax.  I definitely suggest doing your research online 1st and then you have the mindset to figure out where you really want to buy your vehicle.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"