Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

# of tbsp in gerber 2nd & 3rd FOODs

So this may be a dumb question but i was curious how many tbsps in in 1 gerber 2nd foods and gerber 3rd foods.  Reason i ask is i get these gerber start healthy stay healthy things and they say 3 tbsp (not 1/2 jar for the 3rd foods) and with my twins im trying to decide if that means i can just split the jar.  I also want to make certain im not feeding too much/too little

Re: # of tbsp in gerber 2nd & 3rd FOODs

• Options
    I've been wondering this same thing. Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1 tbsp=1/2 oz

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerpopper:
    1 ounce = about 1 tablespoon. So if a jar has 3 oz of food in it, then its 3 tblsp. Hope that at least somewhat helps.

This is wrong. One tablespoon = 15 mL and there are 30 mL in an ounce. So there are 2 tablespoons in every once. A tablespoon found in a cuttlery set can be +/- 5mL (the equivlant to a teaspoon) off, so use something that was actually made to be measured with. 

I learned this all in RN school, but you can Google it.  

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    imageJinglesChic:

imagerpopper:
    1 ounce = about 1 tablespoon. So if a jar has 3 oz of food in it, then its 3 tblsp. Hope that at least somewhat helps.

This is wrong. One tablespoon = 15 mL and there are 30 mL in an ounce. So there are 2 tablespoons in every once. A tablespoon found in a cuttlery set can be +/- 5mL (the equivlant to a teaspoon) off, so use something that was actually made to be measured with. 

You know, I think I love you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAbinormal:
    imageJinglesChic:

imagerpopper:

You know, I think I love you.

Big Smile 

• Options

Im clearly not thinking straight today......so the gerber 2nds are 3.5 oz that means there is 7 tbsp in 1 container (3.5x2=7) and the 3rds are 6oz so there are 12 tbsp in them? 

that seems a bit much??? my LOs each eat (1) 2nds jar.... plus a bottle.  they sometimes eat 1/2 jar of meat which is 2.5 oz and 1/2 jar 3rd veggie which is 6oz so they are consuming... roughly 8.5 tbsp??? am i thinking about this correctly? and now i feel like i am over feeding my rugrats?

• Options
    My daughter gets 4 oz at breakfast, lunch and dinner and so she gets a total of 12 oz (24 tablespoons) of solids a day. She also gets 4, 6 oz bottles during the day (24 oz of total). She seems happy, satisfied and healthy. I gave up a long time ago on following a "chart" when it came to my DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image#1_BadgeBunny:

Im clearly not thinking straight today......so the gerber 2nds are 3.5 oz that means there is 7 tbsp in 1 container (3.5x2=7) and the 3rds are 6oz so there are 12 tbsp in them? 

that seems a bit much??? my LOs each eat (1) 2nds jar.... plus a bottle.  they sometimes eat 1/2 jar of meat which is 2.5 oz and 1/2 jar 3rd veggie which is 6oz so they are consuming... roughly 8.5 tbsp??? am i thinking about this correctly? and now i feel like i am over feeding my rugrats?

Correct in the math. I wouldn't worry about over feeding them. So long as they're still having formula/breast milk. I get worried about the numbers too, but so long as they're happy and healthy, that's all that matters. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"