Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

What are you using to bathe LO?

We have the Fisher Price Whale tub, love it! But DD keeps trying to sit up in it, and it doesnt really work- she cannot sit up by herself for very long- so for now she needs to be cradled while in the tub. But what is the next step after the infant tub- I was thinking that inflatable duckie was cute.
Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you using to bathe LO?

• Options

I would stick with what you have until she's fully sitting and then just move into the main tub.  My boy is 8 months and he now loves to crawl around in the big tub during bath time.

I would definitely nix the inflatable simply because she's at a point where she'll be putting her weight on the sides and the duck will just collapse under her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We used to have the FP Aquarium Tub that attaches to the kitchen sink, but changed when Tooter learned how to splash.. therefore soaking not only me, but our kitchen as well.  LOL

We now use the Summer Infant Right Height Bathtub Center, that goes into the regular bathtub.  He can splash all he wants and it only soaks the tub.  LOL

https://www.summerinfant.com/categories_products_view/498/Right-Height-Bath-Center.html 

(c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We also have the FP Whale Tub.  I was wondering what to transition her to also and looked all over BRU.  In the end, I stuck her in the big tub with a hand towel folded underneath her head.

She loves being in the big tub and splashes like crazy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love the ducky tub
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

I would stick with what you have until she's fully sitting and then just move into the main tub.  My boy is 8 months and he now loves to crawl around in the big tub during bath time.

I would definitely nix the inflatable simply because she's at a point where she'll be putting her weight on the sides and the duck will just collapse under her.

ditto.

I didn't go with the inflatable ducky because it seems like it would be a pita...where do you keep it when baby isn't taking a bath...I know I don't have enough room to be storing a huge inflatable duck.

• Options
    We just lay him in the big bath tub. Works great!
  • Options

Hey Shay!  We just moved DS to the inflatable duckie tub a couple weeks back.  He is in LOVE with it.  He just kicks his legs, slaps with his hands and laughs the whole time.  My friend recommended it to me before DS was born (she has a 15 month old) and I ended up finding it unused at a church garage sale for $2.  But at Target they're only like $10-15 bucks.  It works good even if she can't sit up for really long yet because it is really thin so it holds them in place.  We had to move to it.  DS is in the 95th percentile for his height and just could not fit in the sink one anymore! 

PS--My siggie picture is from his bath in his duckie tub...if you need visual proof how much he likes it! :)

• Options
    imageSportyMrs.23:
    imageBrideBuddies:

ditto.

I didn't go with the inflatable ducky because it seems like it would be a pita...where do you keep it when baby isn't taking a bath...I know I don't have enough room to be storing a huge inflatable duck.

The duckie tub has a suction on the end that allows it to hang dry from the shower wall.  We have a small bathroom/house and it hasn't been a huge problem. 

• Options
    We have an actual seat that suctions to the tub. I LOVE IT! Lincoln has plenty of freedom to splash and play without me having to keep my hands on him all the time (though I never look away, of course). It's a hand-me-down, but is similar to something like this: Tub Seat
  • Options

The regular bathtub. She's been sitting up unassisted for a while now. I put an inch or two of water in the tub, plop her in and clean her up. She likes to kick and splash. I use a little plastic cup to rinse her. It works out great, and no stupid baby bath to worry about storing.

Even before she could sit up, I would just lay her back in a very shallow tub. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"