Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Hi, I'm a 1st timer here.

I found out on Monday I m/c. I went for my 8 week appointment last week and my OB did an internal u/s and was not able to detect a fetal pole or HB. He thought my dates might have been off, so I went back on Monday (my bloodwork #s were good) and found out, officially - I miscarried. It happened at 5w5d, so VERY early on. I would be 9 weeks at this point. My D&C is scheduled for Friday.

I've been lurking on here since last week as I had a feeling that something was not right after my appointment.

If you wouldn't mind sharing experience of your D&C I would appreciate it... how was your recovery? I have a 9 month old and we have plans to go away for the weekend and I'm not sure how well I'll be feeling.

Thanks...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image

Re: Hi, I'm a 1st timer here.

• Hi there -- so I don't have experience with a D&C but I did want to say welcome to the board. Of course, I wish you didn't have to be here...but the ladies here are so supportive, and charming, and all around wonderful! Stay as long as you need!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a D&C a week ago and the recovery was a non-issue for me.  I was very tired that day, unsurprisingly, because of the anesthesia and the whole experience, but I have had barely a spot of bleeding and no cramping (although my doctor gave me prescription pain meds just in case).  I had lined up child care help for the 2 days following the procedure and actually felt a little guilty taking advantage of it.  How you'll feel psychologically is another story, of course.  Take care of yourself and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey there,  I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.  I didn't have a d&c with my current loss, but I had one after a vaginal delivery with my first loss, and it wasn't too bad.  I want to say that there wasn't much pain or bleeding after it was over. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thnaks so much for the support - I've found this board to be very supportive and helpful just in the week I've lurked...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • I don't have any experience with a D&C, but I wanted to tell you I am so sorry for your loss.
    Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• I had my D&C a little over 2 weeks ago. It actually went really well. I was put out and recovery was fine. I took no Advil or pain meds. I had a little bleeding. I only spotted for about a week. I haven't had to wear a pad at all for the past 2 days but have "just in case".

Emotionally very hard. It just is hard to wait three cycles to concieve again...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Sorry for your loss. I experienced a loss at 8 weeks too. I just had my D &C yesterday. I was lucky, and had no cramps, and very spotty bleeding. In fact, it is the end of day two and there is nothing! I was just a bit tired after, and emotionally upset. Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lkat17Lkat17 member
    I haven't experienced a D&C, but I just wanted to say, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • So sorry for your loss.  I am new to this board as welI. I dont have any experience with a D&C yet.  We had a very similar story and are waiting it out for 1 week for a natural m/c.  These ladies are very supportive.  Sorry you have to be here.
  • I don't have any experience with a D&C, but I wanted to say I'm so sorry you are going through this.  The women on this board are totally amazing and someone is always here if you need anything.  Good luck on Friday.  You'll be in my T&P.  
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi Vicki,

I think I remember you from the all areas of NJ board.  I am so sorry about your m/c.  As for my experience I didn't quite make it to the hospital in time probably only because there wasn't an earlier appt. to have the d&c.  If I knew better I would have "insisted" on a sooner appt.  Maybe I was in denial or something.  Anyway, I had already started to be in a lot of pain and bleeding a lot by the time I got to the hospital right before my appt. time.  My appt. was made the two weeks before.  For some reason I dreaded the d&c so much that I thought that "naturally" was better....I really had no idea what would happen.   There was nothing "natural" about what I/we experienced. 

Once I had the d&c I stayed home the next two days from work because I think emotionally I needed that....physically I felt okay.  I hope that makes sense.  I hope the weekend is a "good" distraction for you.

Extra hugs to your and your husband.  I am so sorry again.

• I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

My D&C was several weeks after I started to M/C, so I am not sure if it was easier because of that, but I had next to no cramping following it, just sore and stiffness from the anesthesia (apparently a common side-effect of one of the drugs) that lasted about 24 hours.  I would definately push for a D&C for myself in the future if I was ever in this situation again. 

Good luck to you during this, physically and emotionally.

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry for your loss. 
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I have no experience with a D&C but I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.  Sending T&Ps your way!
  • I just had the D&C yesterday.  I have a 2 year-old and my husband was there to watch him when we returned home.  I slept and rested and am at work today. I have some mild cramping and am very hormonal but otherwise feeling OK.  Not much bleeding (yet).  I think the best advice is just take it easy and not over-do it but you should be fine to go on vacation.  Enjoy!  I bet it'll be good to get away for a bit to take your mind off things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"