Babies on the Brain

Cross over or Mini-van?

So our PT Cruiser is getting ready to bite the dust, so we decided we want to get something a little bigger. We are trying to decide between getting Crossover/smaller SUV (we've been looking at Pacificas, Sportages, Equinoxes) or a mini-van.

Any one have any recommendations? What do you love? hate? Any other models we should look at?

We are looking used and don't have a huge budget.  

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

Re: Cross over or Mini-van?

• I love my mazda cx-7 (so does Mrs White) but I know others who swear by minivans. 
  • Are you done having babies? If not I would definitely go mini van.

Both DH and I drive Nissan Muranos. We both love them. They drive more like a car but definitely have the size of a bigger vehicle. We bought both of them used and they retain their value well and we haven't had any issues with them.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I *might* have a Ford Edge by the end of next week.  That is, if I can find one that has a sunroof and is a reasonable price.  The crossovers give you a little more room than a car (think more space up then out).  The Edge actually has the same frame as the Fusion (mid sized sedan).  Mini vans and SUVs give you a lot of interior space, but I'm the type of person who would be parking way out because it's a bit too big for me to handle.

So I guess it really depends on how much space you have and how good of a parker you are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had an Equinox and loved it.  My mom actually bought it from us when we got our Nissan Pathfinder which we also love.  We were looking for something a little bigger in case we have another child.  The Equinox is pretty roomy and the Pathfinder has an added row of seats.  We got both cars for a good price but we looked around a lot.  I scoured the internet to find cars that were within our budget that gave us the most bang for our buck.
  • We aren't done having kids, but will probably wait five or six years before we have another (I'm in grad school). And by that point we would probably be ready to replace this vehicle.

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Get a Subaru Forrester. No debates about it. It will last you forever, its AWD and super room-y.
  • I'd go with a station wagon before a crossover or minivan. Just as much room, easier on the wallet and better gas mileage.

Our next car will probably be a VW Passat Wagon or an Audi A4 Wagon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mazda 5 sport wagon. A brand new one, fully loaded with all the bells and whistles prices in at under 25k. So you might get a decent deal used. It's like a mini mini-van, if that makes sense. Seats 5 passengers if you need it to and handles like a car. Other than that, I second the Subaru rec. In fact, I'm picking up a Subaru today- love!!
  • image***SweetPea***:
    I love my mazda cx-7 (so does Mrs White) but I know others who swear by minivans. 

I adore my CX-7

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"