Hawaii Babies

If I could afford it...

I would SO pay someone to come and sleep train my child.  Do these people even exist? 

Re: If I could afford it...

• Yeah, I think they do!

This site has consulting services, but it's only by email or telephone:

https://www.babysleepsite.com/

• i read in a parenting magazine that it doesn't matter how you do it but that you do so consistently.  what methods have you tried already?
  • Loading the player...
  • I honestly haven't tried anything, but the thought of it just drives me crazy b/c I know I can't stand to listen to him cry, and that's what it's going to take b/c he's so attached to us, literally.  With bed sharing, he usually has some part of his body on each of us to know that we're there.  I tried to put him down after he fell asleep (he usually falls asleep at his last bottle at night) so that I could go to the bathroom, and he woke up and cried and was grabbing/reaching for me, I felt SO bad.  But I need to get some sleep soon.  And DH and I would like to get some time alone too!

Thanks for the link too, I was really just whining.  I don't want help, I'm just lazy and want someone to take him, sleep train him, and bring him back to me! LOL 

• Hmm. Have you tried introducing a blankie? Sleep with it so that it has your smell. And hold it while nursing. That might be a way for him to have a "comfort item" that reminds him of you when you are not there? My friend used those tricks to introduce a blankie, aka "lovie" to her son and he loves it!

A paci also might help? Alexa still won't take to a blankie, but her paci is a comfort item for her. 

Finally... Biggest sleep training thing that you can do is teach them to put themselves to sleep. If they learn this now, they can go 11-12 hours a night on their own because if they wake up, which normal babies do during the course of a night, they just put themselves back to sleep. 

Babies who never learn this, could have night waking problems for years. 

Best way to teach them this is to always put them down drowsey but awake and let them fuss a little. Not CRY OR SCREAM.. Just a little minor fussing. That said, some babies need to cry it out, and while I couldn't and didn't have to do that, I know moms who have and it worked for them.

HTH! and G/L! 

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemyday1708:

Best way to teach them this is to always put them down drowsey but awake and let them fuss a little. Not CRY OR SCREAM.. Just a little minor fussing. That said, some babies need to cry it out, and while I couldn't and didn't have to do that, I know moms who have and it worked for them.

This is what I tried to do with Elyse.  We did the baby whisperer's pick up put down method because it doesn't require CIO.  Now E will fuss a bit when we put her down and then fall asleep.

She still doesn't sleep 12 hours though.  I feed her once in the night.

• MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imagemyday1708:

Hmm. Have you tried introducing a blankie? Sleep with it so that it has your smell. And hold it while nursing. That might be a way for him to have a "comfort item" that reminds him of you when you are not there? My friend used those tricks to introduce a blankie, aka "lovie" to her son and he loves it!

A paci also might help? Alexa still won't take to a blankie, but her paci is a comfort item for her. 

Finally... Biggest sleep training thing that you can do is teach them to put themselves to sleep. If they learn this now, they can go 11-12 hours a night on their own because if they wake up, which normal babies do during the course of a night, they just put themselves back to sleep. 

Babies who never learn this, could have night waking problems for years. 

HTH! and G/L! 

We tried a lovie and B loves her glow worm the most out of anything so it goes in her crib at night.

She gags on every paci known to man (trust me, we tried about 12 of them even a $9 one!)

She can put herself to sleep but when she wakes up in the middle of the night she SCREAMS bloody murder until she's got the boob... any suggestions for this? We're tried not feeding her but she goes insane until she has it... it's nuts!

That said she does fuss a few mins before bed but once she's asleep she's out until the middle of the night... I just haven't figured out how to drop the middle of the night feed... ugh!! We're going on 11 months! This momma STILL needs sleep! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"