1st Trimester
Options

Question about testing.....

This is my first cycle TTC. I didn't chart however I plan on starting my next cycle. Usually my cycle is very irregular. 30 days, sometimes 35, maybe 40 or even 45. I am on day 31 still no period. When do you think I should test. Should I wait till day 46 (if I make it that far w/o AF)? 

Re: Question about testing.....

• Options

It depends on how much you're willing to spend.  I always wanted to know right away so if it were me, I'd probably test at 35, 40 and then again at 45.  

If you're wanting to be more conservative, buy a two-pack of digitals (Clear-Blue Easy worked for me, both times) and take one at 40 and one at 46. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lisawelisawe member
    Thank you for your response. I am pretty sure I am not pregnant but I can't stop thinking about it. I took a test on friday only day 26 (negative). Then yesterday ( day 30) at lunch I came home and took one. It said negative, but I left it on the counter and when I got home from work there was a faint line. So I went and bought a 3 pack. I knew I shouldn't let the line get me excited because it was way past the 10 minute limit. So I took one last night (negative). Then I thought I should not have taken it at night. So I took one this morning (negative). So I doubt I am, but still have a little hope since I haven't gotten my period yet and I think I started testing too early.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

no one can really answer this for you.  test when you want to test!  If this doesn't turn out to be your BFP cycle, I highly recommend buying some internet cheapie pregnancy tests.  I used these:

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-WS-1-Pregnancy-Test-Strips/dp/B0002YIQEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1277937525&sr=1-1

This way, you can test as often as you want without really spending a ton of money on tests.  They're just as effective as the expensive ones, seriously.  I didn't bother with an FRER or a digital until I'd already gotten a BFP with the internet cheapies.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    lisawelisawe member
    Thank you for the reply and the link. I think that is the way to go. I spent $ 17.99 on a three pack last night.
  • Options
    I also picked up a box, though I am in my 2ww and hoping I will find a BFP when I POAS tomorrow morning (still a little early but I'm gonna try).
  • Options
    Go to the dollar store and pick up some tests. Test once a week until BFP, AF or if you hit a 60 day cycle. If you hit 60 days call your dr.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lisawelisawe member
    Good Luck. Hope you get a BFP!
  • Options
    lisawelisawe member
    Thanks....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"